kleggo

HELP? Your opinions on New WS choice (BASE)

I`ve flown tonysuits for 3years now. The Bird series is fantastic. Try a T-Bird or a R-Brid and U will LOVE it :) The leg wing is very easy to get out of when in canopy and with escape arms you will reach straight up to toggels without zipping up.
The suits are great for flocking. I use a S-Bird and manage to flock with that also.
Also BASE jumped the S-Bird for 1 year (40 ws base jumps with it) and im very happy with the suit.

Try a T or R- Bird before deciding what brand you end up with is a good advice.

http://www.youtube.com/user/335SQD?feature=mhum

The best distance and glide ratio are not necessarily the same thing, it depends on what the winds are doing.

For starting WS base, depending on the sites you are going to, you may well have more fun flying a Shadow\Phantom2 for a season or two before moving to something more advanced. The popular sites for learning WS base do not require huge distances to be covered.

There are recommendations for experience level on various suits for a reason. Take them into consideration when making your choice.

i hear you and clearly understand your points.
i also agree with you and appreciate your input.

Thank you.

kleggo

Though not directly related to the choice of 'which suit gets me the max performance' any suit in the intermediate category will help one learn a lot faster.

When you compare the feedback you get from a small, agile suit, which you have to fly at a high performance level with others to play, its very responsive and direct in what you feel.
Comparing that to flying a big (to huge) suit with others or alone, the feedback from the large amount of fabric is a lot less.
You're flying IN a suit, compared to flying the suit.

Doing a lot of 'small suit' jumps definitely improves my flying in bigger wingsuits. While I do notice a definite 'lack of effort and sloppy flying' when I revert from a big suit to a small one.

Adding to what Luke said....one or two seasons flying a smaller (intermediate category) wingsuit will add a definite improvement to your performance and all round skills that will make you fly like a rocket once you choose to 'graduate' to one of the top-of-the-line models.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?