millertime24

More fun times.

who is that idiot?

Someone who has been sold or is a suit that doesnt fit his experience level or skill, doesnt always know it so.

If people dont tell him/her what the best method of learning to handle (and fly) bigger wingsuits is, and what skill/experience one should have, than the person is just uninformed, and untrained. Needing (from the look of things) a few hundred more wingsuit jumps in a more appropriate suit before donning that suit again.

if than he chooses to nearly collide with other jumpers in flocks, trying to wrestle a suit into submittion....THAN he is an idiot..:P

Thats aside the usual comment 'train flying skills...dont compensate with fabric' As I see more and more newby flyers opt for the biggest carpets they can find. Be it Xbird, Stealth2 or other similar large surface suits..sadly most of them fly the suits on a level, any trained flyer in a small suit can surpass..

Big suit, doesnt automaticly equal good performance...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Big suit, doesnt automaticly equal good performance...

No, it doesn't. I've got hundreds of flights on my Phantom and am still making minor adjustments to increase the performance. Learn your wingsuit ...
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

true, maybe I went too far with using the word 'idiot' to describe what I saw, it was just the first word that came to my mind...
on the other hand, you really have to be stupid to fly the biggest suits with not much experience (and it's clearly shown in this video... scary stuff)

I think theres a few cases were collisions cant be avoided B|
On this case, I went a bit low on the formation, so I flew to the side and while I was trying to get back up one flyier caught the burble from the base and while recovering from the burble, she flew by me at a high closing speed. We didnt collide, but it was close and it was gonna hurt. I dont think theres anyone to blame here. People go low, and people fall into burbles. B|

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEClGaLW_qQ

HISPA #93
DS #419.5

I think theres a few cases were collisions cant be avoided

For sure...but if you want to take bets, on which jump will end up with someones head wedged in between your ribs, the video initialy posted in this thread does show one where the probibility is A LOT higher than on any flock with flyers working within their own (safe) capabilities.

An incident or accident can happen. But in some cases its not an incident, but simple something everyone should have seen coming a mile away.

If you experience that kind of unstable 'weaving' around a formation. Aim away, and make it a solo from that point on. Work on those skills in a smaller suit, and smaller group (maximum you and a wingman, and at max..an added cameraguy).
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Its not the accidental ones you can't avoid in the air that worry me.
Its the ones you could have avoided at boardingtime that scare me the most...

Im scared of both :$
And Im not sure if its the correct way of dealing with that, but after that jump on my video I decided not to do "big" ways (10+) without an AAD. That was almost 2yrs ago and I have stuck to it. At least I think Im minimizing the chances of getting taken out.
HISPA #93
DS #419.5

Im scared of both

Same here. Though the unexpected chance hits you unexpected. The other one is more like an obvious "Duuuhh"

AADs on bigways are always a good habbit. Seperation and approach collisions have happened (in any dicipline) and have saves lives, and at worst will make the outcome of a fatal collision less gruesome to deal with for the ones left behind.

That aside, for me anyting over 4 in a group is already a 'big'way...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

If you experience that kind of unstable 'weaving' around a formation. Aim away, and make it a solo from that point on. Work on those skills in a smaller suit, and smaller group (maximum you and a wingman, and at max..an added cameraguy).

There is a recent video floating around, where there are very experienced wingsuiters flying 180 to a large formation.
In other words, this happens at all skill levels.
This is yet another reason (I hope) that folks realize the value in starting small and growing the group later.