Davo

New PF Ripoff?

Coming at you from Bridge Day, Fayetteville, WV. So i'm in the wingsuit market, and noticed something unusual. For some reason the prototype Vampire 4 for and a new suit called the Venom, or at least the examples they have here, look very similar to Tonysuits designs. same arm wing shaping, and similar long leg wing like the S-bird, X-bird. I have some Demo flights on gear from both manufacturers, and it looks like PF is trying to do some catch-up by using the newer tonysuits design patterns.

I have the handout factsheets and a couple pictures but today i have to fall off a bridge so maybe after the weekend i'll add that stuff.

let the shit-throwing begin, you trolls
"What kind of man would live a life without daring? Is life so sweet that we should criticize men that seek adventure?Is there a better way to die?" Charles Lindberg, August 26th, 1938

The arwing shape with longer cell close to the body, inlets and legwing are all not much different than the stealth2 and V3, both of which pre-date any other 'inspirational' designs mentioned above by almost a year.

If its copying you're looking for, check the new Intrudair line-up...;)

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The arwing shape with longer cell close to the body, inlets and legwing are all not much different than the stealth2 and V3, both of which pre-date any other 'inspirational' designs mentioned above by almost a year.

If its copying you're looking for, check the new Intrudair line-up...;)

FUCK!!! its an all flash website, ghey!
IHYD

Coming at you from Bridge Day, Fayetteville, WV. So i'm in the wingsuit market, and noticed something unusual. For some reason the prototype Vampire 4 for and a new suit called the Venom, or at least the examples they have here, look very similar to Tonysuits designs. same arm wing shaping, and similar long leg wing like the S-bird, X-bird. I have some Demo flights on gear from both manufacturers, and it looks like PF is trying to do some catch-up by using the newer tonysuits design patterns.

I have the handout factsheets and a couple pictures but today i have to fall off a bridge so maybe after the weekend i'll add that stuff.

let the shit-throwing begin, you trolls

Sweet! Your second post!

Is that you Tony, or Jeff? ;)
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

ok, i jumped the gun, i expected some dorkzonehero style rants about that first post. Here are some pictures of prototypes apparently.

There were some sweet phantom 2 flights from the bridge, BTW.

I'm still not a wingsuit owner, so if they're just super similar looking then fine, but it seemed like a bit of a copied design.
"What kind of man would live a life without daring? Is life so sweet that we should criticize men that seek adventure?Is there a better way to die?" Charles Lindberg, August 26th, 1938

I'm still not a wingsuit owner, so if they're just super similar looking then fine, but it seemed like a bit of a copied design.

2 years ago everyone would have pointed to the Stealth2 & V3 as a design influence....

Cool...any video...?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The first 'bird' suits had the older shoulder inlets, and suddenly switched to the ram-air inlets under the armpits after PF introduced those, as well as the longer cell allong the body the V3 had. Regarding wingsize/big wings. If thats a feature one or another brand has a copyright on, do say so...

Its quite useless to debate what came from where.
If you want to turn it that direction, upsizing the orginal design from P. DeG. the zipper feature of the S-Fly, and the first ram-air inlet on the initial PF suits (I believe the Acro was the first) is all that the dicipline brought us in terms of true innovation. And the rest is copying, upscaling and bitching about who came up with what.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

And so with a post from a spoof user of the site, the Brand Wars once again break out. :D

Grog: "I invented the wheel, you copied me."
Bolla: "You pushed a rock down a hill. I made the sides flat"
Ock: "I put a stick in the middle for my hands to hold while my boyfriend pushes me around the cave."
Jugg: I stamped !@#$ on the side so you all owe me a royalty for using my brand of wheel."

Or something like that. Early caveman recordings are kinda garbled.

I almost wonder if the spoof user list of this site exceeds the actual user number?

ok, i jumped the gun, i expected some dorkzonehero style rants about that first post. Here are some pictures of prototypes apparently.

So what you're saying is, you started this thread with the sole intention of starting yet another brand war discussion?

Mods, is this even allowed? Quick, someone mention something about doing a BMI course with 5 jumps. That'll soon get the thread locked and deleted.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I can assure you Davo is real and not a troll. Most of the time he is too busy jumping so he doesnt visit this site often and wasnt familiar with the ongoing brand war threads.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

I can assure you Davo is real and not a troll.

Being real does not exclude one from being a troll. In fact, 100% of trolls are real people.

Most of the time he is too busy jumping so he doesnt visit this site often and wasnt familiar with the ongoing brand war threads.

Unlikely, considering his request for "shit throwing" in the OP.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

So I am a liar?

One doesnt have to visit this specific board to know that trolling happens on EVERY internet forum.

At any rate I dont really care. I just thought I would throw that out there in an attempt to stop a thread drift, but whatever, have fun with it.
"If this post needs to be moderated I would prefer it to be completly removed and not edited and butchered into a disney movie" - DorkZone Hero

Being a Brit I am fairly sanguine about this so off to open a beer (hey its rainign again what else was I going to do LOL); I enjoy reading interesting threads about progressing human flight. Not a load of BS trolls that come from people who dont even own a wingsuit let alone those who do( why would you bother raising this random topic otherwise. So can we all be cool and not bitch left right and center about which squirrel had the first wings and how curly his tail was and if he infact copied his tail design from a raccoon etc etc :P

Cheers Fraser

Dont just talk about it, Do it!

hm, if you looking for similarity you will certainly find them... but simply your claims are not true...
V4 and Venom aswell have some solutions unseen by other manufacturers... this suits have huge differences in comparison with any suit available in market today... including old line up of PF suite...
maybe you need a little bit more experience to find out important suite differences...

Wingsuits will be all the same soon in terms of planform and 'technology'

I actually think we'll see them diverse even more. Not every development is towards that of bigger wing. Also in the smaller wingsize, there are a lot of exciting changes and developments regarding backflying, aerobatics and performance.
So far we havent really had a standard in inlet design or wingsize or shape. Every few years it changes. For better or for worse...who knows...but it seems to be an eternaly evolving thing...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?