completely hosed

we LOVE this dz
without it....
we're done

please
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Seeing the amount of careless lowpulls, outlandings and often careless and arrogant attitude of a some 'princess' type self proclaimed wingsuit heros at dz's...Im surprised this didnt happen sooner.

I know I once almost had an event cancelled due to some visiting wingsuit flyer feeling the need to repeatedly pull at around 1500ft (and lower).

If outlandings and lowpulls are what people want...pick up base...dont kill someone elses happy dz...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

yup, out-of-towners landing off the dz
they go home laughing
we suffer

Had a guy who started wingsuiting and landing off time after time. I told him to take off the wingsuit or start landing on every time for this very reason.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I know I once almost had an event cancelled due to some visiting wingsuit flyer feeling the need to repeatedly pull at around 1500ft (and lower).

I probably shouldn't stick my nose into an area I know little about, but my naive question is, how does one know that a 1500' pull is wrong?

(Or is it in the FAR's? I can't recall.)

Somewhere I read Lodi isn't USPA, and I don't know if pull altitudes are printed on the back of Lodi's famous little waiver tickets.

So where does one learn the special Lodi rules?

I checked their web site, and can't find any rules for experienced jumpers. Nothing about pull altitudes, wingsuits, hook turns, or whatever.

Presumably there is a board in a hangar somewhere with some rules.

But can they cover an equivalent for every USPA rule, on who can jump a camera, how many jumps before jumping a wing suit, etc.? Or is everything "wide open" unless the owner specifically chooses to ban something?

Just trying to understand "how the system works."

I probably shouldn't stick my nose into an area I know little about, but my naive question is, how does one know that a 1500' pull is wrong?

(Or is it in the FAR's? I can't recall.)

Somewhere I read Lodi isn't USPA, and I don't know if pull altitudes are printed on the back of Lodi's famous little waiver tickets.

I checked their web site, and can't find any rules for experienced jumpers. Nothing about pull altitudes, wingsuits, hook turns, or whatever.

But can they cover an equivalent for every USPA rule, on who can jump a camera, how many jumps before jumping a wing suit, etc.? Or is everything "wide open" unless the owner specifically chooses to ban something?

Just trying to understand "how the system works."

LODI has it's own BSR = Bills Set of Rules. Better not break 'em, cuz you will be told to fuck off so fast your head will spin.

It's a nice place, as long as you follow the rules, which as of last time I was there were "no hooks below 500ft".

Also the one time I had a cutaway there and wanted to land off on the service road of the field once I spotted the canopy, Bill told me (very firmly) to NOT land off the airport. so I didn't - and that was the end of it.

There are signs posted at Lodi regarding no hook turns or low pulls.

The last time I was there, Bill advised me that the flock I was organizing was expected to land on the DZ. I had already heard about some visiting jumpers not being able to fly back to the landing area. A reminder from Bill is as good as a warning.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

oh, geez, that would suck.
I really hope nobody bans you guys... you guys have built an AMAZING community of wingsuiters there, it would be such a shame to see it go to shit.

how about instituting some incentive for people to not land off... like if you land off, you have to pay double the jump ticket... or 3 off landings get the jumper (not the group) banned for 3 months... or whatever stupid shit. I'm not the one to advocate for more rules, and Lodi has its great reputation for a no-stupid-rules kinda place, so ideally everything can get sorted out through a good conversation over a couple beers, but I'm just wondering if ultimately there's some compromise that makes everyone happy and doesn't get you guys kicked out...

p.s. hope to see some of you guys at chicks rock this weekend

I'd bet that over the years, he's seen more titties than a 16 year old who found his dad's Penthouse stash when he was 12.

If what Avery says is correct, I surely hope it can be reconsidered, and surely hope it does not generate a ripple.

Yes, when I was there last spring there was a board in the hangar that said something about being banned and having your gear confiscated if you pulled below 2000'.

I don't remember the exact words but it was made clear that low hook turns (I think it was no turns more than 90 degrees below 500') and intentional low pulls were prohibited.

It is too bad he banned wingsuits instead of kicking out the offenders :S. I hope he changes his mind.

At the end of the day it is his place and he can do whatever he wants, even if it is unfair.:(

yup, out-of-towners landing off the dz
they go home laughing
we suffer

if this ban remains in effect
our community is hosed

completely hosed

we LOVE this dz
without it....
we're done

please

Why would you be done? I think there are quite a few DZ's in the area you could jump wingsuits at (Byron, Davis, etc.).
Apologies for the spelling (and grammar).... I got a B.S, not a B.A. :)