OG-Tahiti

FlySight GPS

And thats my point, you want a wire to an external antenna but not a wire to a ear bud.
If you are worried about the wire snaging, just tape it to the helmet. I tape it from the GPS and all the way untill it goes under the edge on the helmet.

Yes i hope you can hear your audible, but can you hear the differnce between two tones with the windnoise.

But i agree, if you are distracted with all your gadgets as it is now i dont recomend you to buy one.

If you don't like ear buds, get a cheap motorbike intercom helmet speaker, you can fit them and leave them wired to the gps. no fiddling with buds or loose wires.

It quite versatile the way it is, it can be mounted anywhere with clear sight of the sky and use any speaker, or headphone style you like.

I don't think it should be redesigned to suit your current helmet style or listening preferences!

lukeh and repcool, that's the kind of setup I'm takling about. And helis, enjoy your earbuds dude. I've been wanting to log data on my jumps, but the audio feedback is a feature I'd only use initially for a while to hone my flying skills. Or maybe when jumping a new suit to get it dialed in. But for ongoing use, I'd prefer to log the data and have just the sound of the wind as I whisk through the sky!

:)couple of days...

As has been mentioned, the antenna needs a clear view of the sky, so the design choice is really between having the FlySight on the back of the helmet with earphones routed to the inside, or having the FlySight inside the helmet with an external antenna.

I chose the former option for the sake of simplicity. This way, the FlySight itself is one piece. When used as a logging GPS, mounting is a piece of cake. It also gives a few options for the ears. In my case, I use an open-ear helmet, so in-ear earphones work great. Others have used speakers built for motorcycle helmets. I know at least one guy just stuffed a cheapo pair of earphones into his audible pocket, and that was loud enough.

Hopefully this helps explain the design choice!

Michael

..., mounting is a piece of cake. ...

btw, any news about the planned "low-profile mounting system" ? :)

I've got a prototype on the way, and if it works well, I should have a couple hundred sometime in February.

I don't have any nice renders on hand at the moment, but the attached image shows the design. A double-sided Velcro strap will pass under the mount and around the FlySight, with tabs holding the FlySight in place in the other direction. The four feet can be secured with adhesive foam tape (it will ship with the same stuff used in the GoPro mount), or with a more permanent method. Like the GoPro mount, the curvature of the feet should match well with most helmets.

Any thoughts on the design?

Michael

[replyIs it totally snag proof?
If not am wondering if a slope sided shroud would make it impossible to snag a line.

Good question. My original design was shaped a bit more like a dish, with the corners coming up to meet the FlySight. The idea was to eliminate the overhanging corners present in this design. However, it would still be possible for a line to snag if it found its way under the beveled edge of the dish (not sure if this is clear).

My thinking with this design is that it eliminates "pinch" snags like the one mentioned above. The most likely way for a line to snag on the current design would be, I think, if it kind of lassoed around the whole thing--but I'm not sure there's much to be done about that.

Ultimately, a persistent snag with this mount would almost certainly pull the FlySight loose, which would resolve the safety issue (though not the material loss).

Once I have a prototype in hand, I'll have a much better idea whether or not the mount presents a snag hazard.

Michael

Im building one this week sometime out of some leftover plastic. Flysight is bad ass mike!

My design was inspired partly by something a local jumper put together--basically a shallow "U" with a double-sided Velcro strap passed under the mount. The whole thing was screwed into his helmet. Very simple and quite effective.

Michael

My FlySight mount is a velcro pouch for the unit connected to an elastic band with velcro ends that goes around my neck, ear pods for sound. Not connected to my helmet in any way. It's a PITA but until I have sound IN the helmet I like it. I also have two "dytters" and limited hearing to complicate things. I'll be interested in your new mount.
Sometimes you eat the bear..............

Hi all, please help me:

I have follow all the dialer's instruction to register my FS on Paralog SW but, when I attach my flysight to pc, a dialog box
on Paralog says to me that isn't the registered S/N so the save function is disabled!!!

Could you help me?
Thanks and BS

That happened to me when I first used paralog/flysight so I emailed the s/n and details to paralog and they emailed me a different registration code for paralog/flysight.

It's happened again since I moved paralog over to my new laptop so I guess (and it is a guess) that the serial number paralog reports for the flysight is dependant on the hardware and probably the OS connecting to the flysight
Jump more, post less.

I had another problem when I copied the files from the flysight onto my computer so I could edit them (this was before I found I could cut sections on the jump profile) and opened them in paralog. Paralog reported the wrong serial number unless I copied them back to the flysight and imported them from there.
Jump more, post less.

Please can anybody help me, I've just bought a flysight second hand and so that, no owner manual.
Does I need a software to unload data to my PC? I'm sure yes but which one?

When I switch on the device I hear no tone. How long before take off I have to switch on?
I still don't understand what am I doing!