DSE

Wingsuit Proficiency Card

Thank you to those that helped develop it.
I hope it helps newbies find direction once they're done with their First Flight Course.
This is the same one submitted to the USPA back in February, but with a couple minor changes as suggested by members of this community.

I never say anything to the pilot.

They're real busy aviat'n, communicat'n, navigat'n & pressemcat'n that door-standby- go button and nothing I got to say is that interesting anyway. I don't even ask about the uppers. If I don't make it back to the dropzone and everyone else does, who are they going to laugh at?

You'd be surprised at how much a pilot will do for you if you're nice to him, and give him a little bit of conversation.

and titties. it's amazing how much the pilot will do for you when you show them a nice pair of titties.
just sayin...

Key word; "nice"
If me, Stefan, or Scotty show ours...we'll be getting out at 6K in a power curve with no cut.
I propose you post a printable photo of yours that we can all keep in our pockets as a means of gaining some extra.

That *really* should be a line on this card;
-Carries photo of "nice titties" for pilot
-knows to buy beer for coaches.

Hi Spot,
I'm just curious about this WPC.
What is the purpose?
Is it just for student wingsuiters?
Is it proposed that any wingsuiters hoping to fly at USPA dz's will be required to have?
Most of the folks we all usually fly with have all these skillz.
And when I fly it is usually not at USPA dz.
Just wondering....
==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Hi Spot,
I'm just curious about this WPC.
What is the purpose?
Is it just for student wingsuiters?
Is it proposed that any wingsuiters hoping to fly at USPA dz's will be required to have?
Most of the folks we all usually fly with have all these skillz.
And when I fly it is usually not at USPA dz.
Just wondering....

Purpose (as it says at the bottom of the card) is to give wingsuiters a "what the hell do I do now?" kind of direction for someone fresh off of a First Flight Course. If nothing else, consider it a hack version of an A license card (basic skills used to fly safely with others).
It has zero relevance to the USPA or USPA dropzones. Feel 110% free to ignore it.:P

thanks for the reply and clarification Spot,
like i said, i was just wondering because
the OP said "submitted to the USPA"
and i'm sure you are already aware
that i tend to disregard rules in general :P

anyway, peace and love to you and yours
hope you are doing well

==================================

I've got all I need, Jesus and gravity. Dolly Parton

http://www.AveryBadenhop.com

Next thing you'll want will be a requirement to fly directly towards the nearest camera flyer and geek the camera hogging as much video footage as possible!
:P:D:D:D

Its the Purple Mike award...its a manditory B licence task you need to perform..!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Looks great! In the advanced portion, how about adding rodeos? B|

Purple Mike

Not bad at all! Overall nice work. Purple has a valid point / request.

Other thoughts for future revisions under the advanced section.

High Altitude Wingsuit Jumps

Night Jumps / Small Flock Under Wingsuit.....ask Cate and Brian.....green glow sticks in the wings of my SM1 made for a beautifully lit up reference for a small flock out of the DC-3 on New Years Eve Circa 2008.

Water training / Ditching in a large body of water and getting out of the suit and harness container.

Personal Question: Circa 2008 / 2009 you were "All About " Tony Suits......pushing Tony Suits; and all "hooked into" that crew and scene; now its Phoenix Fly.....what gives....what happened? Just Curious.

Personal Question: Circa 2008 / 2009 you were "All About " Tony Suits......pushing Tony Suits; and all "hooked into" that crew and scene; now its Phoenix Fly.....what gives....what happened? Just Curious.

Personal answer, I was never "all about Tonysuits"
My first two wingsuits were PF. I own 12 TS (several Intro's and other smaller/older). They're very good suits.
I'm into PF because Robi and Jarno provided an opportunity to develop an instructional program, and my passion is instruction and flying with younger jumpers. Robi is simply brilliant in suit design, and I appreciate how his suits fly. Fat ole' me in my P2 out-paced several other suits in the Utah distance challenge. Only Callantine and JSho went further in their S and X birds. And they didn't go a *lot* further. The P2 is a muthaf**a of a suit while still being docile enough for wild acrobatics and student use.

Your suggestions for the proficiency card are noted and appreciated, and they will most likely change at some point. God forbid we get 5 years down the road and not be open to change "because it was already written before."
~Gotta keep experimenting with water before I personally feel confident that the answers are clear.
~High altitude; I'd love Ben to contribute some of his experiences and knowledge.
~Rodeos; hadn't considered them.
~Same for night jumps.
All good considerations.
Honestly, the main reason there isn't more on the card is that I wanted it to be printable on one sheet and still have readable text.
The card isn't earth-shattering nor life-changing for anyone, but it does provide a set of mileposts for newer wingsuiters, it's something I wish I'd had.

Callantine, Chuck Blue, Joe Kaufman, Jay Stokes, Jsho, Scotty Burns, Andreea Olea, Jarno, Macca (I know I've forgotten a couple) have all been exceptionally good at providing feedback, changes, suggestions...