Zeemax

Re: [QuietStorm] Birdman no longer flying

Can Phoenix Fly provide this level of US Domestic Product Support ? I am very curious as this weighs very heavy in my decision matrix and acceptance criteria if I ever decided to buy another wingsuit.

Yes, absolutely. Depending on how busy the factory is, we can turn around a suit repair on the day we receive it, and have it shipped back. We use FedEX for priority deliveries on new suits or repairs, which is of course just as trackable, and just as quick as any US domestic delivery.

In most cases however, as with any make of suit, it's often easier to get a local rigger to make the repair if you've damaged the suit (obviously damage dependent).

We have a main US distributer - Morpheus Technology - based in FL who can be a first point of contact for all US customers, or you can contact the company directly.

We all speak English, heck i'm English, we invented the language! :P

Seriously though, just because our factory is not based in the US means nothing. We can provide suits just as quickly, just as trackable and with (we hope) excellent customer service. Through Morpheus, our US customers have a point of contact in a similar time zone, or failing that - round the clock support from one of our other contacts :)
IF you have any more questions, please feel free to email me - [email protected]
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Thank you for providing this answer; I will consider it in the future if I ever decide to buy another wingsuit.

Its OK if you don't have anybody over here in the colonies; so long as I know that I can reliably have a Phoenix Fly suit repaired competently by the factory in the future and be able to talk to somebody; then I suppose everything will be alright.

Seriously though, just because our factory is not based in the US means nothing. We can provide suits just as quickly, just as trackable and with (we hope) excellent customer service. Through Morpheus, our US customers have a point of contact in a similar time zone, or failing that - round the clock support from one of our other contacts :)

Yes but shipping is not free. It is critical that the fit is perfect the first time. $60 for shipping added on to an already expensive suit just does not add up. Rework by the factory cuts in to the profits that are small. Likewise the money to pay a local rigger for what should be factory rework comes from where?

It has to be perfect the first time!

You can give team redbull big beautiful suits to be used on the big screen or this chief instructor here or there a free or discounted suit. But if you can't take care of "Mr nobody" from " nowhere" that nobody has heard of = where your money is really coming from- then the company is doomed. Mirage and sunpath can get away with this but not a tiny wingsuit company. It will be next WS manufacturer OY.

Absolutely, every suit leaving a factory should be perfect.

In the rare event that we make an error with a suit, we don't expect our customers to pay for the shipping back to us to get it fixed.

In the case of US customers, the suit can be shipped to Morpheus Tech who will then forward it to the factory, or the suit can be sent direct. Either way, we will cover this cost if we are at fault.

If the customer has made an error in the measurements, we will of course try to fix it for them, but they will need to cover the costs as the suit will have been built to the spec that we were provided with. This is why we stress that it's so important to get the measurements right, or get a dealer to measure for you.

My comment about a local rigger was in reference to rectifications to a suit due to wear and tear, or damage caused outside of our control etc.

As always, if anyone has any issues whatsoever with our products, please contact me. We can only fix problems if we know about them.

[email protected]

Thank you for providing this answer; I will consider it in the future if I ever decide to buy another wingsuit.

Its OK if you don't have anybody over here in the colonies; so long as I know that I can reliably have a Phoenix Fly suit repaired competently by the factory in the future and be able to talk to somebody; then I suppose everything will be alright.

We have Morpheus Tech based in the UK who are our US HQ.

In addition we have many dealers that are US based :)

Having paid full-pop for (multiple) suits from Tony, Birdman, and Phoenix-fly...

If the measurements are off, they're off. Worse, I believe the conversion from inches to centimeters is what messed up my Birdman. I used JShorbs measurements from my Mach 1 to order my Phantom, both of those fit perfectly.

Getting it "perfect" isn't just a factory thing. And when all is said and done, there still can be mistakes. (Says the guy that just took in a vehicle trailer for a complete re-do of a repair job done wrong).
One can only try.
Do you ever smile, Rev. Glenn?:D

Do you ever smile, Rev. Glenn?:D

just like Dennis Miller, you know this. I can't take this smile off. But apparently people don't like being made fun of in regards to rework. Every existing company has issues with it the exception being the five sizes fits all FYB S-fly.