DSE

Birdman no longer flying

Shame to see one of the initial companies desolve their wingsuit production. I think many saw that one coming at some point with the increased focus on clothing, but nobody expected to see it happen this fast...

The company and its two founding members put a strong stamp on the sport and dicipline...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Wow! There goes a major player.

I hope Guess? Jeans is still in operation; it's never good for the consumer to have too much consolidation in the marketplace.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Wow! There goes a major player.

I hope Guess? Jeans is still in operation; it's never good for the consumer to have too much consolidation in the marketplace.

Funny thing, I made a statement at the Feb BOD meeting that Birdman wasn't any kind of a player anymore, that they only make jeans and underwear.
It was promptly and loudly refuted because "Birdman is the biggest name in wingsuits."
Maybe someone will revite the company with wingsuits that can compete in todays market vs being re-hashes of Robi's designs from 2004.
It is a cool name, and I really like my BM beltbuckle.
I guess sales were that abysmal in the past couple of years.

For Jarno

but nobody expected to see it happen this fast...

You are kidding right? I predicted this 6 years ago. It has been overdue.

The first nail in the coffin was the unneeded and very expensive to become a part of wingsuit instructor program. Largely a huge joke to this day. But the memo sez " training centers still open- ratings still apply" Stick a fork in it, Ratings blah. Training centers that is hilarious......... not relevant.

The second nail was Robi leaving. Basically the main designer.

The third nail was a lack of a wingsuit design that offered an improvement in performance above and beyond the S-3.

The rest of the nails was the finished product quality going way down.

The wingsuit market is tiny. There is no room for factory hype. corporate sponsored instructor programs or room to tolerate bad quality products.

I can already guess who will be around in five years of the remaining 3 real WS companies : PF, Tony. S-fly. Anything else is so low volume its not worth mentioning. Dump your instructor program . Its a kiss of death. Bring your production quality up ... way up its the livelyhood.

Yeah Bird- man was a big name..... Just a big name.

But Glen, the website says;
"All BIRDMAN training centers will continue their operations as normal, as will the BirdMan Instructor (BMI) program; the ratings stay unaffected."

Your legancy of ridicule does not need to end!! :D

Carry on Buddy!.....:ph34r:

www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

That isn't the last instructor program. There will be more. I have the ridicule cannon standing by to open a can hair-ass on em.

Also one company does not have a program, bless their heart.

But every company out there remaining needs to bring up quality. No body is perfect.

That isn't the last instructor program. There will be more. I have the ridicule cannon standing by to open a can hair-ass on em.

Also one company does not have a program, bless their heart.

But every company out there remaining needs to bring up quality. No body is perfect.

But with the opposition out of the way, it wont be long someone will convince USPA to implement a rating..... Then what?

USPA will not create anymore ratings than they have to with a gun to their head. IE

No camera guy rating, No swoop dude rating ( they should be looking here if anywhere for a new rating but NO!)

And for that teenie tiny segment of sky divers that don't fit in with RWyahs, aren't remotely skilled enough for freeflyn and aren't cool like swoopers who like to wear skirts known as wingsuiters hell no. Wingsuits just are not special enough to get a rating.

I know Lodi has a bunch of wingsuits ( partly thanks to you and Avery). But other DZ don't have so much. You could spend a week or more at Perris and never see one. You never see one at Eloy they are always playing where is waldo in this message board. Elsinore had like three and a half , until DSE left now they are down to just 3.

Lets see, they fly a docile canopy, stay away from jump run and its traffic. Have the landing pattern mostly to themselves. You got to work hard to die as a wingsuiter, an S&TA's wet dream really. We'll be fine as long as we don't start killing ourselves or each other in bulk and that is not happening.

SO no rating for you FuKKA!

USPA will not create anymore ratings than they have to with a gun to their head. IE

No camera guy rating, No swoop dude rating ( they should be looking here if anywhere for a new rating but NO!)

And for that teenie tiny segment of sky divers that don't fit in with RWyahs, aren't remotely skilled enough for freeflyn and aren't cool like swoopers who like to wear skirts known as wingsuiters hell no. Wingsuits just are not special enough to get a rating.

I know Lodi has a bunch of wingsuits ( partly thanks to you and Avery). But other DZ don't have so much. You could spend a week or more at Perris and never see one. You never see one at Eloy they are always playing where is waldo in this message board. Elsinore had like three and a half , until DSE left now they are down to just 3.

Lets see, they fly a docile canopy, stay away from jump run and its traffic. Have the landing pattern mostly to themselves. You got to work hard to die as a wingsuiter, an S&TA's wet dream really. We'll be fine as long as we don't start killing ourselves or each other in bulk and that is not happening.

SO no rating for you FuKKA!

Hahaha. Nimrods are running the show sometimes. Dont count anything out, Buddy.
And bring your wingsuit next time your doing CRW in Lodi.;)