Mac

D-Bag Mod for WS

Recently saw a D-Bag with a mod that had a triangle of material attached to the bottom of the D-bag and bridle so that the pull point is across the D-Bag and not just from the bridle...

Anyone else have experience with this, as the theory to me makes perfect sense and something I am considering.

(I dont know many WS pilots (Only just started wingsuiting), so I dont know many people to ask to see how common this is).

Thanks for thoughts...

Recently saw a D-Bag with a mod that had a triangle of material attached to the bottom of the D-bag and bridle so that the pull point is across the D-Bag and not just from the bridle...

Anyone else have experience with this, as the theory to me makes perfect sense and something I am considering.

(I dont know many WS pilots (Only just started wingsuiting), so I dont know many people to ask to see how common this is).

Thanks for thoughts...

I got 400+ WS flights mostly on a VectorII and a Javelin from `96 without any modification. I've been using a 24" kill line ZP PC on regular bridle and a 28" ZP kill-line PC with long bridle and I had a 32" F111 kill-line PC with a short bridle before. No problems at all.

All I do is place the d-bag with the bridle to the grommet.

Thanks for thoughts...

I think that's a wings D Bag? While I can sort of see the logic with it, it's the stows that are going to play a more important part in the deployment process.

I jump a Vector stowless bag (bar the two lock mouth stows) which uses tuck tabs to hold the lines in a 'pocket'. This draws the lines from one central point meaning the bag has no horizontal movement until it's a full speed and has certainly helped with the openings.

At the end of the day, body position is the key to getting a nice opening.

Other things to consider are packing grommet to pin, and using an extended 'wingsuit' bridle - which will help to get your PC into clean air.
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

The mod you speak of is supposed to keep the bag from rotating or moving from side to side during the deployment process/extraction from the container and a few of the mfgrs offered it a few years back. A simpler and cheaper way to avoid the issue is to pack with the bridle/grommet up to pin. My advice would be to save your money, pack grommet to pin.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

i like being able to switch disciplines without even thinking about different packing or approach.

Packing grommet to pin or any of the other wingsuit mods don't require you to change anything if you decide to do RW, FF. I pack grommet to pin using the same set up I use for wingsuiting when doing RW/FF with no issues, many like myself have been doing it for years.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

i like being able to switch disciplines without even thinking about different packing or approach.

Packing grommet to pin or any of the other wingsuit mods don't require you to change anything if you decide to do RW, FF. I pack grommet to pin using the same set up I use for wingsuiting when doing RW/FF with no issues, many like myself have been doing it for years.

Thanks I was thinking more of larger PC, extended bridle lines etc not grommet to pin. I pack as normal and since flying suits in 2001 had no problems with standard pack job and closing orientation.
Dont just talk about it, Do it!