mrbiceps

After some feedback on my flying please

Unfortunately our dz doesn't have many regular experienced wingsuiters and i havn't had a chance to get some feedback from an experienced flyer on my flying and body position. I would appreciate if i could get some feedback on what i am doing right and wrong. I am flying a mach one, I am 5'11 and 200 pounds. I have around 30 total wingsuit jumps and feel like i am not really getting the time in the air nor the forward distance that i thought i would have. I understand that it can take hundreds of jumps to really learn how to max out flights. Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WdYZ2Riw2M

It looks like you are arching slightly and presenting your chest and face to the relative wind. That will be acting as an air-brake. Try flattening your body (lift your hips) and get the back of your head down below you back.

You should also try changing the angle of attack, try steeper and flatter and see the effect.

Keep in mind that it takes a while for the true effect of a change to body position to become apparent. Make a small change and they wait to see what happens, don't assume it's not working and change again.

Sometimes what feels good, isn't. You need airspeed to generate lift from a small wing like a wingsuit. Quiet and slow isn't good for that.

As said, don't look forward and take your head and chest up for it but stay flat. Try steeper angles and play with different speeds.

All this might be a bit easier to learn in a smaller suit.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

I've never jumped from a tailgate aircraft with a wingsuit so this question may be totally stupid...but...

didn't that exit look like a near miss in terms of the two jumpers colliding with a lot of energy?

It could just be the video that makes it look worse than it was but I think anybody getting kicked in the head that hard is going to sleep for awhile.

Anyone?