sundevil777

Skyflyer 3 manual

The people at Birdman are on vacation until 9/1, and they don't have anything on their website. If anyone has one, can you post the important parts like assembly, etc. I'll get help at the DZ, but would still like to have the manual.

Thanks!
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

The people at Birdman are on vacation until 9/1, and they don't have anything on their website. If anyone has one, can you post the important parts like assembly, etc. I'll get help at the DZ, but would still like to have the manual.

Thanks!

I don't have a manual, but I do have quite a few successful asemblies of the S3 to a rig. GOD BLESS THE ZIPPERS on my Ghost2 ! :)

it's really simple. start with the wings cut away :

lay the rig backpad up. Place the WS on top of it, making sure the top of the collar meets the top of the yoke.
place the wings under the MLW and place the legpads inside the WS through the proper slots
start on one side, by putting the cutaway cable into the loop righ at the velcro - you ALWAYS start wit the body loop first. Keep threading until you meet the MLW. you will have to skip a loop, most commonly it's the third loop from the top, but it's not always the case.
Keep threading until you reach the end of loops adn stow the excess in the pocket
repeat 3x more times (you have a total of 4 cables - 2 front, 2 back)

what you are trying to accomplish is to thread the MLW into the WS. The front of the yoke and most of the MLW should be visible on the front, the rest hiding inside the Ws, and on the rear your laterals should be threaded in.

try it on. If you feel that the mlw is putting a lot of pressure on your cable where it comes out of the suit, you may have to skip a different loop. Make sure that your handles are easily reachable and don't hide inside the suit.

once you are done, if you plan to jump the suit a bunch, just mark of the tabs that you need to skip with a market.

that's all.

PS f you have a Leg cutaway, just thread it the same, no skips needed. The pocket for the excess cable is in the bootie, but is usually a pain in the rear, so I always put the cable in the bootie itself as I was zipping my legs up.

PPS DO NOT FORGET TO PUT ON THE LEGPADS when donning the suit ! :(

Thanks a lot (both of you).

I'll be getting to that skyflyer before too long.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

We will be adding several pages with information on older suits (regarding inlets, zippers, rigging, releasecables etc etc) to replace to out of date manuals for several suits in the PF line (and other companies that use similar systems) so there is always some reference online, in case of 2nd hand purchase.

Ill give a shout when its online as well..(and welcome to the flock)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Was reading some older post and seen that you could possible send a manual for the sky flyer? Ihave 120 jumps on a bird man gti and have decided to upgrade to the S3. The manual would be helpful ..thanks
It's good to be CRAZY,youncan get away with so much more.