skydiverkeith

Best Wingsuit Manufacturer

Why do you think Im joking? Your previous post was pretty much saying the same...

I fly a tri-wing suit (gripperless phantom) and Id gladly challenge any monowing flyer to describe the difference in flying. There isnt a distinct monowing flying aspect, outside of flying style the user chooses.

Ill gladly lend you my own suit so you can fly it side by side with an expert and see it matches each aspect.

Outside of different seems/cuts, the whole body flies as one wing if you make it fly that way. And any monowing can be flown badly so the suit behaves like an fs suit with 3 wings that lack tension.
There are a few great flyers who showcase excelent TECHNIQUE..look at julien..he flies a JiiWings, Sfly, V3, and all in the same effortless way. Same technique, but a personal preference for one certain model.

But the technique/skills are his..not design features or marketing quotes..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Ultimately, a friendly competition between the major manufacturers should produce a better product.

Neither Tony suits nor another manufacturer offers a comparable product to the V3. If they did and produced it in considerably quicker time than PF, that is what we all want as wingsuit consumers. That is true competition!! Then, PF either has to speed up in response to the market conditions or lose business to the competition.

Spoiled for choice! That is consumer heaven!!:)

FWIW, the V3 isn't unlike the Velo from PD. More parts, more precision required equate to greater build time.
And the Velo is built on a different manufacturing line than many of the PD products.
I'm sure that if buyers were willing to pay a higher price, the V3 could be delivered much faster.

look at julien..he flies a JiiWings, Sfly, V3, and all in the same effortless way. Same technique, but a personal preference for one certain model.

Julian flies sugarglider protos & S-fly Verso, maybe he tried a V3... but both his protos & the verso are monowings... the movement of your hips inside the wing is the main difference with a tri-wing...for the rest...others can juge !B|
Patrick de Guillebon

watch good flyers fly any suit, and its also excatly the same.
My gripperless phantom (shadow) even got comments flying/looking like an s-fly (from you patrick;), though its a classic tri-wing.
Having flown the GS-1, thats definately not a monowing. The body/wings are seperate units, and the body hangs beneath the wings.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Having flown the GS-1, thats definately not a monowing

I agree, the GS1 is not a monowing, julian's sugargliders are.. his first proto was build out of crossbow & the verso arm wing was inspired by his latest proto...B| just to say !
Patrick de Guillebon

regardles of the monowing defenition/discussion. Fly any (agile) tri-wing suit with a 'mono wing technique' and surprise yourself..the differences wil be smaller than many may expect..

Think outside the box..there are more options in flying than limits we oppose on ourselves..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

and talking about Julian, you missed his last video on WWWN, he's doing some video & basejump coaching for a small group of students..

I didnt miss it...I just dont post videos when people need a password to view it:P
The moment its viewable for everyone, It'll be up there..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

FWIW, the V3 isn't unlike the Velo from PD. More parts, more precision required equate to greater build time.
And the Velo is built on a different manufacturing line than many of the PD products.
I'm sure that if buyers were willing to pay a higher price, the V3 could be delivered much faster.

I ordered a V3 two days ago knowing fully well what the wait time is. I have no problems with wait time or paying extra. I have been around the sport for enough time to understand "it gets here when it does".

I was trying to say, compete by releasing a product that is in demand, not by suggesting that the wait time is a flaw.

I'm sure a real business man would organize more capacity for building suit if there is such a big demand. I have heard that all exisiting V3 orders might not be served before V4(?) would come out.

I'm sure a real business man would organize more capacity for building suit if there is such a big demand. I have heard that all exisiting V3 orders might not be served before V4(?) would come out.

If you order an Aston Martin, there is a very long lead time due to the construction process and the people involved. V3 is no different. Robi is involved in every v3 that leaves the factory, and can only do so much.

Also, while we are always testing new suits and features, we have no plans to release a new V series suit any time soon, so if you have ordered a V3, don't worry, we won't superced your suit before you get it!
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

If you order an Aston Martin, there is a very long lead time due to the construction process and the people involved.

Read my word business man. If there is a strong demand and lot of queuing than you can not get the maximum profit out of the business and that profit can not go to R&D.......

Robi is involved in every v3 that leaves the factory, and can only do so much.

It seems to was not there and checking my Stealth back than, I got some "funky" cut there. If he wants to do everything, than some areas might suffer like support/customer relationship.....

I also had a zipper break on my new phantom. Only had three jumps on it. I emailed Robert. He had the suit repaired in two weeks(shipped from Canada), refunded me the shipping costs and threw in some free apparel. The suit craftsmanship is excellent and I am impressed with the customer service I received.

I would definitely buy another phoenix fly suit.

If you order an Aston Martin, there is a very long lead time due to the construction process and the people involved.

You can get a corvette off the lot that will eat the Astons lunch several times over. The supercar for the un pretencious and spelling challenged. Same thing with wingsuits........ you'll see eventually.

I'm in the middle of mid life crisis I thinks I needs me a vette & high performance merican wingsuit would be just dandy too. Cuz frankly I don't care about the people involved other than my benjamins.

You can get a corvette off the lot that will eat the Astons lunch several times over. The supercar for the un pretencious and spelling challenged. Same thing with wingsuits........ you'll see eventually.

You're not dealing with an Aston and your Vette will only eat lunch as long as it makes up for inefficiency with increased displacement. What happens when the competition has the same displacement...you'll see eventually :D.

You're not dealing with an Aston and your Vette will only eat lunch as long as it makes up for inefficiency with increased displacement. What happens when the competition has the same displacement...you'll see eventually :D.

Corvette 6.2 litres, Aston Martin Vantage 6.0 litres. Hardly a major difference. I doubt increasing the Aston by 200cc will change very much.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'm in the middle of mid life crisis I thinks I needs me a vette & high performance merican wingsuit would be just dandy too. Cuz frankly I don't care about the people involved other than my benjamins.

As long as that 'Vette (or 'stang, or Z3) is bright yellow, orange, or lipstick red, you get a bad hair weave, veneers, and a super hot youngun' on your arm...you'll be stylin. Otherwise, get back to slummin' with skydivers, will ya? :D

As long as that 'Vette (or 'stang, or Z3) is bright yellow, orange, ...

Good color choices.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Id rather have the refined and beautifully hand built Aston over the bullish, brash and mass produced 'Vette, but that's just my personal preference. Nothing to do with wingsuits. Plus, most Astons will out drive any Corvette ;)

Corvette 6.2 litres, Aston Martin Vantage 6.0 litres. Hardly a major difference. I doubt increasing the Aston by 200cc will change very much.

Corvette - 6.2L; 430BHP
Aston Martin V12 Vantage - 6L; 510BHP

It's not all about cubic capacity ;)

We should probably move this to a car forum... :D

p.s. before you say it, I know it's not all about BHP either!