skydiverkeith

Best Wingsuit Manufacturer

From my experience (and several attempts at getting my suit the correct size), the pro-fly and ghost score a lot higher in quality and constuction (esp. sizing) than a blade.

peroformance-wise, they are in the same arena Id estemate..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I think price, lead times and quality of build should all influence your decision when purchasing a wingsuit.

Sure, if one is buying a similar product. Blade is similar to a Pro-fly/Ghost.

My intention was simply to point that the comparision was like apples and oranges.

I can't comment on build quality of Ghost/Blade from first hand experience. The only suit I have owned of those three is the Pro-fly. It is built very well.

Wow, I ordered my Super Mach 1 at the end of January this year and received it 4 weeks later and it fits like a glove.

My S-Bird and S&M Bird were both delivered in under 4 weeks. No issues with fit, extremely well engineered.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I wonder... Are all the latest issues i hear people reporting with the less than good quality of PF suits (not sure if it's just V3 or their other models as well) related to the back up in the V3 line? Are they rushing to get these things out the door?

Ultimately, a friendly competition between the major manufacturers should produce a better product. Different flying styles, but same goals and similar results... Who cares about the marketing techniques? It's just business. Let these two duke it out like two kids - "my dad is badder than yours!".

I am just customer. I can vote with my wallet. In return, what I get is a choice, a way to fly how I like and whatever my style is. Having a choice is a wonderful thing. Thank you for giving me that. I am happy with my S-bird, but would love to have a V3 too.

I think price, lead times and quality of build should all influence your decision when purchasing a wingsuit.

Sure, if one is buying a similar product. Blade is similar to a Pro-fly/Ghost.

Really? S-Fly is a monowing, Ghost and Blade is a tri-wing, that is similar to any wing suit.:S

Really? S-Fly is a monowing, Ghost and Blade is a tri-wing, that is similar to any wing suit.Crazy

Mono-wing is a marketing term and a VISUAL aspect that makes up a wingsuit.
A lot of suits in TonySuits line, and several in the PF line would also fit that description.
Mono-wing is not a term that relates to anything suchs as flying style, performance or steering/manouvring ability.

Bigger suits fly a big more sluggish if they are not built for forward speed. But the same flying style (with small variations in terms of body build/weight and wing/suit design) can be applied to all wingsuit models on the market.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I wonder... Are all the latest issues i hear people reporting with the less than good quality of PF suits

All what issues?

(not sure if it's just V3 or their other models as well) related to the back up in the V3 line? Are they rushing to get these things out the door?

I believe the V3 is (like the V1 and V2 were) made in a different factory to most of the PF line. Hence the massive quantity of V3 orders doesn't affect the lead times of the other suits.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Mono-wing is a marketing term and a VISUAL aspect that makes up a wingsuit.

The monowing is certanly a lot different from any of the other suits. Most that have owned and flow both types a lot, will agree to that. It feels differently in the air and with good reason. The construction is very different. The way the suit reacts to your input is very different.

Fly your what? Who's that? Just kidding. But really, they have nothing to do with this poll, which is why they aren't listed.

Why does a wingsuit manufacturer have nothing to do with a poll about wingsuit manufacturers?
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Ive flown the Sfly expert, ProFly, several tonysuits, BM, PF, JiWings and more, and fully stand by the previous statement based on that experience. Suits may flap, have grippers or not, and big or small wings.

But the whole monowing discussion is nothing but a tagline. I fly an expert, ghost, classic, stealth2 and shadow the same. The fly different due to many aspects, but mino/tri wing design is not one of them.

There is a proper flying technique some confuse with suit design..teach the skills instead of the continued 'but its a monowing' line that just creates more different fractions.

Everyone sticks to his/her brand, but flying blindfolded some people would have a hard time actually knowing what suit they are flying.
Aside from visually seeing different coloured fabric, and missing a sidewall in the cells/arms/legs, most designs by tony and pf also feature inflated arms/legs. Forming one big wing. Monowing?
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Fly your what? Who's that? Just kidding. But really, they have nothing to do with this poll, which is why they aren't listed.

Why does a wingsuit manufacturer have nothing to do with a poll about wingsuit manufacturers?

Simply because the question asked was

"In your opinion, which of these manufacturers make the best wingsuits?"

If you review the list, "these" only referred to the four wingsuit manufacturers I was interested in opinions on.
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock

Ultimately, a friendly competition between the major manufacturers should produce a better product.

Neither Tony suits nor another manufacturer offers a comparable product to the V3. If they did and produced it in considerably quicker time than PF, that is what we all want as wingsuit consumers. That is true competition!! Then, PF either has to speed up in response to the market conditions or lose business to the competition.

Spoiled for choice! That is consumer heaven!!:)
Manufacturers exist to provide what the market demands.

For example, a few years ago, PF was only selling one kind of suit in different sizes(Prodigy, Phantom, Vampire). The product line imposed a flying style on its buyers. This is how Robi prefers to fly. However, over time the market showed that there was a bigger segment that likes to fly a different style. PF was forced to adapt and provide the market with what it wants.

Tony suits(or another manufacturer) themselves have made major changes to their products. Their entire line looks different to what it was originally. However, their current product line imposes a flying style on the buyers. If they take this on board and respond with a product the market considers an alternative to the V3, they will enjoy a market share.

I wonder... Are all the latest issues i hear people reporting with the less than good quality of PF suits (not sure if it's just V3 or their other models as well) related to the back up in the V3 line? Are they rushing to get these things out the door?

All what issues? I'm not being antagonistic, i'm genuinely curious.

We pride ourselves on making a high quality product, and in the rare occasions where something isn't right, we get it sorted as soon as we physically can.

The V3 is built in a different factory to the rest our of our suits, in part to ensure that the lead times don't affect any other order.

It is an extremely popular suit, and due to the work involved in constructing one - along with demand - it means the lead times are longer.

To your first point though, if anyone has any issues with our suits, or the service they have received, please, please email me directly: [email protected]
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

I dont really want to debate anyone on these forums, but your statements are not correct.

Neither Tony suits nor another manufacturer offers a comparable product to the V3.

Tony's X-bird offers same or greater range as V3. There are videos not just the ones we've seen here) that show just that. One of the original BASE wingsuiters and a long time Vampire flier was very impressed and had a lot of positive things to say about the suit after trying it out.

However, their current product line imposes a flying style on the buyers. If they take this on board and respond with a product the market considers an alternative to the V3, they will enjoy a market share.

That's just silly, especially highlighted like that. Nobody "imposes" anything on you. Dont want - dont buy it. Period. Oh and... they (Tony) already enjoy a market share. A good one.

All what issues? I'm not being antagonistic, i'm genuinely curious

I've heard several reports of quality control issues. Stitching coming lose. Zippers wearing out after ~150 jumps. I also spoke to a PF dealer who said he wasn't happy about recently reported issues with the suits and was hoping that competition will cause the makers to pay more attention to quality.

Thank you for your constructive response - i will pass on that info, if they dont have it already. And thank you (PF and other manufacturers too) for making great wingsuits! To see them evolve from Classic 2s and GTis to what they are today is great! Hoping to own one of yours some day.

Please, if anyone else mentions issues to you, pass on my email address. We can only make things better, if we know about them.

Also, i'd be grateful if you could PM the name of the PF dealer you spoke to about the issues, as am keen to speak to them.

Thanks
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Tony's X-bird offers same or greater range as V3. There are videos not just the ones we've seen here) that show just that. One of the original BASE wingsuiters and a long time Vampire flier was very impressed and had a lot of positive things to say about the suit after trying it out.

Have you ever flown at least any of them?
I did. V3 is an agile suit and X-Wing is a dragster.
In other words after jumping Stealth a lot, V3 was very easy to fly and X-Wing was really difficult for me.

They are still not comparable just in skydiving distance or glide ratio competition. I would not even think about jumping BASE with X-wing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gabor.szelei/XWing?authkey=Gv1sRgCPiLzYel27XlZg#

http://picasaweb.google.com/gabor.szelei/Skydive2009#

Have you ever flown at least any of them?
I did. V3 is an agile suit and X-Wing is a dragster.
In other words after jumping Stealth a lot, V3 was very easy to fly and X-Wing was really difficult for me.

They are still not comparable just in skydiving distance or glide ratio competition. I would not even think about jumping BASE with X-wing.

http://picasaweb.google.com/gabor.szelei/XWing?authkey=Gv1sRgCPiLzYel27XlZg#

http://picasaweb.google.com/gabor.szelei/Skydive2009#

Have to agree here. It's not about what you can graph after a flight, it's what it feels like in the air. Vampire series really is a class all its own there.