skydiverkeith

Best Wingsuit Manufacturer

I see different designs for different stuff and innovation in Phoenix-Fly.

I see death in Birdman.

I see no imagination and same design (only bigger each time) with tony "bird" suits as well as pure american ego.

I don't see anything with jii (don't know much about it that is).
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

I'm not talking about price, build time, customer service, etc. I'm talking absolute end product here.

A lot of the answer would depend on the day, attitude, and fabric on the rack.
I've had problem suits (three) come from Tony. I've had one original Phantom that had a zipper break on the second jump. Apparently they had a bad batch.
PF repaired the zipper in a week. Tony took 5 months to repair/finish the three student suits that were wrong and sent un-finished even tho they'd been paid in full. I had a Mach 1 with a coupla problems, Tony sorted those out in person at a boogie.
Why you put Birdman on the list is kind of odd; they make jeans and underwear and it's a brand, not a product now. Only took em' seven months to finally get me a Blade that fit, and that fell apart within about 50 jumps. They still owe me for shipping and minor costs but I've given up after three years.

FYB has some good stuff going, their suits are definitely well made, if you like monowings.

All manufacturers (I believe) strive their best to provide the best product possible. I know Robi (PF) makes it a point to be part of virtually every suit that goes out. I don't think you can go wrong with TonySuits or PF, but you'll definitely get better post-sale response from PF than from TS. Yet you indicated customer service isn't part of the discussion....I think that's a big mistake.

Too bad Chris Warnock isn't making wingsuits full time. His wingsuit (a one-off) is the best constructed suit I've ever seen. Zippers, fabric, sewing, cuts, finish details... A thing of beauty. He also now says he doesn't understand how WX manufacturers can do it for the cost of materials and labor without a bigger margin of profit.

If you ever get to Santa Barbara, have a look at Chris' Mach1-inspired wingsuit. It's sweet.

The Birdman Blade 2 is in my opinion the best quality wingsuit on the market.
A friend of my is flying Phoenix but he says: nobody reach the quality work of BM.
He is right!

Another thing is the production-time. I like to test jump a Vampire 3 but I heard it will take up to 3 month.B|
No serious company can do that.
There is always a way to transfer work and have an eye on quality.
Let people wait more than 6 weeks is Kindergarden-playing.
Btw, my weight is less than 100kg, may be that why my Birdman-wingsuits stay fine. For Blue-wale size it must be more strong i agree.;)

don´t pester the jester . . or better: WHY SO SERIOUS ? ?

www.pralle-zeiten.de

When flown right, all wingsuits fly with minimal movement.
Its the speed that varies per model, but most of the actual flying when it comes to agility and smoothnes is technique...not design..

If people stopped marketing that technique as a design-feature, more people would fly without flapping their arms...regardless of brand..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

When flown right, all wingsuits fly with minimal movement.
Its the speed that varies per model, but most of the actual flying when it comes to agility and smoothnes is technique...not design..

If people stopped marketing that technique as a design-feature, more people would fly without flapping their arms...regardless of brand..

:)
life is a shit game-but the resolution is damn good

The Birdman Blade 2 is in my opinion the best quality wingsuit on the market.
A friend of my is flying Phoenix but he says: nobody reach the quality work of BM.
He is right!

Another thing is the production-time. I like to test jump a Vampire 3 but I heard it will take up to 3 month.B|
No serious company can do that.
There is always a way to transfer work and have an eye on quality.
Let people wait more than 6 weeks is Kindergarden-playing.
Btw, my weight is less than 100kg, may be that why my Birdman-wingsuits stay fine. For Blue-wale size it must be more strong i agree.;)

I gotta agree here, I just recently got my Blade II, and its fantastic. And all it took was 6 weeks from when i ordered it till it arrived at my doorstep. Guy at my dz said he waited nearly 6 months for his V3.

I think price, lead times and quality of build should all influence your decision when purchasing a wingsuit.

Edit to add: Last i heard the girl in Cape Town making the JII wings was getting very busy with her other work, and i dont even know if she still makes them anymore, Anyone, please correct me if im wrong.
Some dream of flying, i live the dream...

I voted for pf... as I manly base jump with my ws I like to jump something that has been tested and build by someone who is a basejumper.
I only know pf so my vote is not very objective.
and by the way, robi is my hero :-)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

No point in this as you did not include Fly Your Body suits. I think they are as large as the others - they just don't make a fuss about it...

Fly your what? Who's that? Just kidding. But really, they have nothing to do with this poll, which is why they aren't listed.
Blue skies,
Keith Medlock