KrisFlyZ

New V-Prototype?

Was around this time of year that the last set of "V-X" pictures were released, I think (hint hint, show us something!:P)

Man, if this version's as big of a step forward as the last one was...

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

I saw that machine when I go on tea to my neighbor! :)Now, all available suit on market looks funny to me , against this new generation. Real masterpiece! And.... I saw unpublished testing videos.... Real masterpiece!
It is black, with orange details...:ph34r:

...and those beans may be spilt a lot sooner than expected...;)

Sooner than expected, like say, this month? or this year? :)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

For those with a keen eye.
The Red Bull Airforce training video also shows a previous prototype with some new unique features.

Lots of different features are being tried and tested, one prototype at a time. Improvements are already visiable in many areas, but making sure the client gets a AAA quality product, that really is a significant step forward compared to the current V3, testing will continue..

A little birdy tells me, we may see some footage of various V4x prototypes pop up online soon...
July next year is the earliest we expect to have anything ready for actual release...time will tell..;)

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Unless you have that actual suit, its a safe bet you dont have that.

Yeah I do it was released last summer. I think I wrote x-bird on the order form... or something like that.

You stirring the pot? :D

Glen, stir the pot???

Never.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

For those with a keen eye.
The Red Bull Airforce training video also shows a previous prototype with some new unique features.

A little birdy tells me, we may see some footage of various V4x prototypes pop up online soon...

The Vampire training video offers another look at the V prototypes. In this version, the wing root seems to have been extended all the way to the feet.

http://vimeo.com/13829533

Jarno,

Define Soon :D

Kris

The inlets are original Tony non fancy functional pockets that work, Period. PF has gone Tony on this.

I agree on the armwing planform. No more swept trailing edge that was easy to fly but too much drag when mega sized. They are now PF "V"- a- fied for more speed. All the new Tony models come this way. I love my super Mach but the new X-plane forms are faster for sure if a little more demanding to fly in the larger sizes. I love my V2 for its speed, never needed a 3.

The Tony leading edge inserts are just, again, a simple functional non overly elegant or complex way to shape the leading edges compared to profile hot wireing foam in a special fixture. In either design I doubt there is much of a benefit to us. Don't tell me it is airfoil shaping. We are draping triangles off our limbs. The chords are getting bigger is all. At the speeds we fly a constant round radius profile is just fine. Its feel good engineering basically. Like putting carbon fibre everywhere.

I know one of you Mutards will chime in with how you are getting into leading edge compressibility or achieving laminar flow and the inserts help. I expect this because its the wingsuit forum and some of you think you are Wernher Von Bond.