Teigen

Porter - Wingsuit A2A

Unfortunately we won't have the porter around for another try.. At least not on my home DZ. We only had this one while our beloved Twin Otter was in for engine replacement.

How do you long time flyers recon a twin otter would do for this kind of job? I know that our pilot averages 80-90 knots on jump run.. Which i assume is a pretty easy speed for a wingsuiter to hold. Has anyone flown with the twin otter for an extended amount of time? Im thinking about strapping myself by the door with a headset on to communicate with the pilot, because i assume he will have a hard time keeping visual contact with the wingsuit!

Any tips or suggestions?

If the pilot wants to spend the extra time to fly with the wingsuit he should have no problem matching speeds. I've flown with one from exit down to 8000 ft before he decided it was time to get back on the ground for the next load.
If he slides out to the right (gently breaks off) just after the wingsuiter exits and then comes back onto heading, he should be able to pick up the wingsuiter visually himself, and then be able to close back in on the wingsuiter. what the door to pilot headset will allow you accomplish is getting the wing/engine out of your pictures. good luck