scottygofast

Large Wingsuits + Lower WS experience can = Very Nasty Flat Spin video

I managed to spin my S-Bird out the door today due to poor foot placement on exit. Balled up immediately and the spin stopped instantly. My first spin, I suppose I owe beer.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I got myself into a spin like that flying a v1. As scotty said the forces can make it very hard to get the knees in to get into a ball. As well I could not get my arms in to get to my handles (Any of them). I know I dont have many flights but my experiance on it was that fighting the spin to stop it was a much better option then giving up and trying to get to a handle that I could not get to and continue to spin faster and loose alt.

fighting the spin to stop it was a much better option then giving up and trying to get to a handle

At the point where the spin is that fast, passing out and loosing altitude is two things that are happening fast.

Struggling untill you run out of altitude, and than having to fight to pull the same handles you didnt want to to pull higher (or have an AAD fire while spinning on your back) isnt really the better option..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Zach put me into the worst spin I've ever had the other day. It was violent, and while I enjoy spins, this one had my adrenaline up.
I attempted to ball up (hoping Zach or Scotty were shooting video) but couldn't.
Arching hard cleared it very quickly.

Stu can attest to something similar, but his video is too far away (during the PFC evals, he had to deal with me inducing a high speed rotation).
Arch and arch hard.