Venom1986

Phönix Fly Shadow

Hello,
I want buy a wingsuit and has read here from the Shadow.
But I can´t find them on the page from phönix fly.
It is no longer manufactured?

How long is the flight time from the shadow? If it is so much smaller than in the phantom.

Friendly greetings from Germany :)

Hello,
I want buy a wingsuit and has read here from the Shadow.
But I can´t find them on the page from phönix fly.
It is no longer manufactured?

yes, it is, and you can order it with the same order form as for the Phantom2, and just request the Shadow option.

PM mccordia and he'll help you out... if he doesn't beat me to it by posting here before I finish typing :)

How long is the flight time from the shadow? If it is so much smaller than in the phantom.

it is not THAT much smaller than the phantom... it is basically a phantom with a wing mod so the wing is cut straight, with no grippers for you to hang on to. plenty of range for that suit, just like the Phantom2.

The shadow could best be described as the bastard lovechild between an Acro and a Phantom.

If you check this well known video on YouTube, you will see the yellow/black suit doing the flyby, which is also a Shadow.

The suit has been around for quite some time already.
It has never been available officialy, but sold a lot. In fact so much the last year, we are adding it to the line-up officialy this coming month.

Ive been flying it for a long time as well, and use it for most of my flocking, docking and long and far flying.

In performance, there isnt any real noticable difference with the Phantom.
But the armposition is different. With no grippers to hold. But free hands for docks, coaching etc.

In terms of BASE, the suit also frees up the hand for the pull. Making the addition of a BASE-pouch not needed.

There is also a recent video on FlyLikeBrick showing a lot of Shadow flying. This video also nicely shows the subtle inputs, with which you can fly the suit in quite agressive, but beautifull lines.

A lot of lighter people, who tend to go with the hype and buy bigger and bigger suits, will discover the added drag of more fabric limits the speed they can get from a suit.

Smaller, agile suits like the Shadow and Phantom already enable me to do everything I could wish. And make aerobatics and backflying a lot easier to learn. Something all P2z and Shadow owners will attest to.

Team Ill Vision also has quite a big portion of Shadow flyers in their midts. For anyone not heavily overweight, this is the Ferarri you want, when you get tired of the big and clunky cruisers.

With an exit weight of around 100 kg (including gear) I can easily fly this suit about 40 mph, with a massive forward speed. Really using that speed to generate the lift that keeps you up. Lighter people should do even better.

This suit has been available for order in the background for a year or 2 already. But will be added to the catalog of suits available on the new website Phoenix-Fly will launch soon.

For more information/questions, just shoot me a PM.
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

It could best be described as what the Acro design should have been to begin with.

Doesnt that go for every wingsuit from a few generations back?
Times change, or we'd all still be flying classics;)

The smaller legwing on the Acro did make it the easiest suit to learn to backfly in, and though its not a speed monster, most people who owned one had no trouble flying it in flocks. I know Ive seen James cruise around on his back under many formations without visable effort. Keeping up with the most variable speeds imaginable.
The shadow just gives that one a big turbo-injection and makes it a wonderfull tool for both BASE and (Skydive) Aerobatics....
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The shadow just gives that one a big turbo-injection and makes it a wonderfull tool for both BASE and (Skydive) Aerobatics....

Lets not get all hype-a-tronic. There are only a small number of wingsuit customers out there. The shadow only makes the ACRO ballanced or the Phantom gripperless. You pick which one appeals.

The sooner wingsuit manufactures stop using marketing terms like turbo power, computer designed, mylar ribbed exotic fiber reinforced and just start shipping suits on time as promissed, in the right colors as ordered. properly fitting as measured and stop shitting on the very small customer base which is not growing then things will improve.

Most people who buy wingsuits don't care what a 120 pound vegan from a country with bad dental care can do off a cliff in a particular Brand/product of wingsuit. Comment not directed at any particular 120 pounder, but at that weight you won't be good for much you better be good at BASE.

Most people who buy wingsuits do care that the $1000 they spent gives them a suit that fits and works and does not have to be sent back to the factory repeatedly for what ever reason. Some of us know sponsored toofless is getting a free suit or a huge discount. Hey earn the $1000. Seriously.

Someone get out of bed with the wrong foot?
There are no 'amazing marketing terms' but purely a description on the differences between
the acro and shadow. A lot more foreward speed.
Im flying one myself, and have for a long time. And everyone who has, will stand by those 'marketing claims'. Its a wonderfull, small, fast and agile wingsuit.

I have no clue how skinny basejumping vegitarians come into play, but looking forward to seeing you post the same rant in the other 20 threads on the front page of the wingsuit forum, marketing suits with a lot of additional bang, pop, wham and amazing performance...;)

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

a description on the differences between
the acro and shadow. A lot more foreward speed.
Im flying one myself, . And everyone who has, will stand by those 'marketing claims'. Its a wonderfull, small, fast and agile wingsuit.

;)

To the original poster, get the shadow. Its much better than the ACRO . Everybody agrees. I have one too believe it or not.

Most people who buy wingsuits don't care what a 120 pound vegan from a country with bad dental care can do off a cliff in a particular Brand/product of wingsuit. Comment not directed at any particular 120 pounder, but at that weight you won't be good for much you better be good at BASE

BEST quote EVER! There is no smiley for "just spat on screen"