aarthus

Summer boogie in France

Its only mostly drag if you're not using enough lift...
Hans commented overshooting the formation up and fwd in his suit if he opened armwings.

The right tool for the job sure...but slow down the vertical, so everyone can play..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

We did a few jumps with the spanish redbull team in Empuria...they were quite happy with the vertical/forward speed... I was flying 2 meters above them... didn't look like they were suffering !

The way we see this sport is not just to hang up in the air feeling relax, we like to fight a bit to stay tight together...purist or not...this is the way we feel it;)

Just come with us for a few jumps...nothing more

and if you want to experience something strong, go and find Fred & Vince from Babylon, have a jump with them...:P it might give you a better understanding of what we are looking for.

Patrick de Guillebon

Im not new to flying carving turns, steep angles and other dunamic modes of flight.
Its possible to flock with high forward speeds, without sacrifycing performace (use of the full flight envelope of the body and all its wings).

Creative flight you are now refering to (esp concidering 2 to 4 ways or bigger formations) is something else that the steep flocking I was only commenting on regarding this video..

If hardly using arms isnt bad, than dont complain when others do the same with their legs..:P (not saying either is better).

There is more to flying that just steep diving or slow floating..a large range of performance being missed.
Just hope to see more of that, with more dynamic flying all around.
The little use of arms and steep angle makes for flapping legwings, and nervous flying. Full flight (with speed forward and slower fallrates) makes for the smoothest inputs possible..
Costyn has been doing lots of trackingdives and freefly jumps in his blade and (now) ghost...its fun, its fast...but is it using the full potential of the suits...?

Again..great video..hope to see you guys explore the full potential of wingsuits, and not just these steep/carving angles that only use half...

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?