240m3srt

June issue of Parachutist...explaination please

I was hoping you guys can explain to me how someone under canopy can dock on and ride a wingsuiter. Is this for real?

From my limited studies of wingsuits you guys can achieve very slow vertical decent rates but the slower you fall the faster you propel forward.

So how is it possible for a canopy pilot to dock on a wingsuiter and how long can the 2 jumpers stay attached?

That is some sweet @ss footage!;) But it is hard to tell what is going on from a technical aspect...i want to know exactly how it works.

I assume it requires a very small canopy but im still uncertain if the canopy pilot is hauling ass or if the wingsuit is just slowed WAY down...

That is some sweet @ss footage!;) But it is hard to tell what is going on from a technical aspect...i want to know exactly how it works.

I assume it requires a very small canopy but im still uncertain if the canopy pilot is hauling ass or if the wingsuit is just slowed WAY down...

The canopy pilot is hauling ass. If you look closely, you can see his front risers are pulled down by a couple inches, held in place by a couple buckles. Plus it's probably a sub 100sqft parachute, and then you've got some serious forward and downward speed, enough for a wingsuiter with a big wingsuit and enough skills to fly next to and dock.

Also check this, the Ill Vision team did something similar recenlty. (skip to 4:10 for the wingsuit/parachute relative work stuff).

To conclude: it's hard and requires lots of planning (timing the exits is complicated) and plenty of skill for both participants, but yes it can be done!
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

The canopy pilot is hauling ass. If you look closely, you can see his front risers are pulled down by a couple inches, held in place by a couple buckles. Plus it's probably a sub 100sqft parachute,!

Velocity 71 according to the article.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Magnets!

How do they work?

The exchange interaction between electrons in partially filled "d" and "f" orbitals in certain transition element or lanthanide atoms causes spontaneous alignment of the atomic moments.

Magnets!

How do they work?

The exchange interaction between electrons in partially filled "d" and "f" orbitals in certain transition element or lanthanide atoms causes spontaneous alignment of the atomic moments.

Once again ...

And I don't wanna talk to a scientist,
Y'all mother f**kers lying, and getting me pissed.

"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Also check this, the Ill Vision team did something similar recenlty. (skip to 4:10 for the wingsuit/parachute relative work stuff).

The color of Davids suit has nothing to do with Team Ill Vision, but David did an awesome job flying his suit!

Ed:)
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

The color of Davids suit has nothing to do with Team Ill Vision, but David did an awesome job flying his suit!

Ed:)

You mean somebody ELSE thinks those colors looks good? :o:D

Only if they have really ill vision.

Since Kallend piped in, I thought I would throw out this technical tidbit:

When Jari H.M. Kuosma and Vladi Pesa did the first canopy/wingsuit dock at Delad nearly a decade ago Vladi was jumping a Velocity 84 equipped with similar front-riser trim tabs and 50 pounds of lead. One one of those jumps one of his trim tabs refused to release so he re-locked the "good" one down and he actually LANDED the canopy in that very-steep configuration with all that lead. He described it to me as "the longest ass-slide in history", but he was unharmed. Amazing shit.

The stuff being done here lately is INCREDIBLY smooth compared to all of the earlier attempts.

When Jari H.M. Kuosma and Vladi Pesa did the first canopy/wingsuit dock at Delad nearly a decade ago Vladi was jumping a Velocity 84 equipped with similar front-riser trim tabs and 50 pounds of lead. One one of those jumps one of his trim tabs refused to release so he re-locked the "good" one down and he actually LANDED the canopy in that very-steep configuration with all that lead. He described it to me as "the longest ass-slide in history", but he was unharmed. Amazing shit.

SICKNESS,,, that is insane!

~ time is ~ time was ~ times past ~

anyone know if jonathan landed on jeff's back standing up and then sat down? or did the straddle rodeo style dock and then stood up? I saw the pic of him riding rodeo style and was just curious.
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

Magnets!

How do they work?

Holy shit, i learn`t something new after all that years.

:D

Magnets!

How do they work?

Holy shit, i learn`t something new after all that years.

:D

Always a pleasure to be of service.:)