R1DOC

PF PHANTOM 2 QUESTION

YOU'LL PROBABLY BE ALRIGHT WITHOUT IT, THE MAJORITY OF SUITS i SEE FLOWN THESE DAYS DON'T HAVE ONE. JUST CARRY A MEGAPHONE SO THAT IF YOU HAVE TO LAND WITH YOUR LEGS STILL ZIPPED YOU CAN YELL REALLY REALLY LOUD JUST LIKE WE'RE DOING RIGHT NOW AND PEOPLE WILL GET OUT OF YOUR WAY.
-b
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

The Phantom2's legwing is wide enough to walk with it easily. I've never seen anyone use a legwing cutaway.
I have some landings on a Birdman Blade with the legwing closed. The Blade's legwing is much narrower and it is still no problem to run out a fast landing. (flew a Sabre2-150 loaded @ 1.6 in no wind)

In normal skydiving operations I don't see a situation in that you'd want a leg wing cutaway.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

Just a follow-up / review of my new PF Phantom 2. What a great suit to start on. I have about 20 jumps on it so far and have no adverse issues to report. This is a great first flight suit and now that my initial jumps are over I can't believe the range of flight characteristics it has. Ive slowed it down to an average of 49mph for slow flight and out raced a variety of other suit when pushing it. Even beginning flocking seems fairly easy. As a new wingsuiter I thought wingsuits would "in general" be sharply aggressive and a handful to control; this is not that suit. Your inputs are really minimal to fly it and if you just relax, your body naturally conforms to a decent flight position. Basic acro is fun and stable. In a nut shell I enjoy this suit tremendously. There seems to be alot of great suit on the market these days. The PF Phantom2 is definately one of them. It is obviously tried, true and very tuned. Thank's for all the advice on this site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5jeo3qWHG4

Video:15th jump out of King Air

Mark

It's funny that you posted a pic of you showing off your new toy in the area for your kid's toys
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Most folks stretch the arm wings for all they're worth when they solo. This results in a very "draggy" flight with your nose high. The P2 loves to fly forward. Drop your arms back a little, flatten your body and point your toes. Let you head drop ... at first you'll think you're going down faster, but what actually happens is that the suit picks up a LOT of forward speed and develops more lift to compensate. You notice that your freefall time is about the same, but the distance covered is MUCH greater!

Too bad ya wasn't in Utah, Scott.
In the distance challenge, my load consisted of 2 Phantoms, a Stealth, a Tony Xbird, Tony Sbird, and a V3.
The Phantom 2 kicked ass on all of em for distance.
Love my P2.

In the distance challenge, my load consisted of 2 Phantoms, a Stealth, a Tony Xbird, Tony Sbird, and a V3.
Love my P2.

That speaks more about the pilots because my Phantom 2 (which I absolutely love) has nothing on my Stealth 2 when it comes to distance.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

Love my P2.

The speaks more about the pilots because my Phantom 2 (which I absolutely love) has nothing on my Stealth 2 when it comes to distance.

The pilot was the shortest, second heaviest, oldest guy on the plane. The Stealth owner had just gotten his, however. 3rd, maybe 4th flight on it.

I know first hand that the Phantom2 just out drives the Birdman S3... it was almost comical watching it just pull away from me right out the door. Then it was just sad that I was falling back that much [:/]

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Love my P2.

The speaks more about the pilots because my Phantom 2 (which I absolutely love) has nothing on my Stealth 2 when it comes to distance.

The pilot was the shortest, second heaviest, oldest guy on the plane. The Stealth owner had just gotten his, however. 3rd, maybe 4th flight on it.

While build of the pilot plays a role I was referring to skill (with regards to the wingsuit being used) of the pilot.
"That looks dangerous." Leopold Stotch

I think for some people its the other way around...and big suits dont compensate for little skills...and learning to fly a small suit, will get them more speed, distance and range than a big carpet will ever get them..
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Love my P2.

Remember itsn't the arrow, its the indian.....

I think that is what DSE said. And I still get a laugh every time someone responds to him with that line.:ph34r:
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

I think for some people its the other way around...and big suits dont compensate for little skills...and learning to fly a small suit, will get them more speed, distance and range than a big carpet will ever get them..

Gimme a break! Wing suits are around more than 10 years!!!
There is still no recommendation wing load recommendation out there.

Is someone tells you that you have to have that class of wing suit in order to able to fly with others??? No.

Guys still buy big suits with huge "frame" and low-medium weight.B|

we are talking about different subject, but agree on both..;)

If you suck at flying in a small suit, a bigger one wont make you fly better

If you fly a small suit against its performance limits relative to a heavy frame, upsizing is the only improvement possible, and no skill can make it fly better.

Relative to bodysize, more airtime also means slower flying for smaller wingloads..

Dress for succes

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

A small testament to the Phantom2.

Mike Steen Jumping Sputnik, Swiss

A lot of recent jumps show people flying this line in insanely huge carpets.
Look at the mighty things this tiny speed and distance monster is capable of in the hands of a good wingsuit pilot!

It is a beautiful video and no doubt mega fun.

Just because people chose to jump it in a 'big carpet' does not mean that the line requires a 'big carpet' to be jumped in :P.

I get it though, a dig at the opposition, eh! :D

***I get it though, a dig at the opposition, eh!***

Not really...its what you'll hear me say to anyone who uses a big comfort blanket/matrass for flying, where even the smallest of wingsuits would suffice to get the performance levels at which they fly..

Regardless if its Stealth2, Xbird or otherwise...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

***I get it though, a dig at the opposition, eh!***

Not really...its what you'll hear me say to anyone who uses a big comfort blanket/matrass for flying, where even the smallest of wingsuits would suffice to get the performance levels at which they fly..

Regardless if its Stealth2, Xbird or otherwise...

I disagree. I fly to time to time with people in smallish suits. They fly slow horizontally. I used to watch them from below when I was flying my Phantom. I got lot better chances with Stealth to match their speed and fall rate. A flying carpet has range. We has to learn how to use it wisely.