jonno

Raptor - which version

I understand there are 2 versions of the Raptor. Is this the older version? http://picasaweb.google.com/bkillillay/WSTSRaptor?authkey=Gv1sRgCI3i9vnt6b-tGA&feat=directlink
As someone looking for there first intermediate suit I'd be keen to get some contructive feedback from people that know this version of the suit. Thanks B|

looks to be about the same iteration as mine... i.e. one of the later versions of the Raptor (reachy sleeves, but still before the -Bird mod came along)

I've put around 500 jumps on one... if it fits you well and is a good deal, it's definitely a very nice intermediate suit. With enough practice and experience you can do pretty much everything you want to do in it, from flocking to aerobatics and beyond.

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you may have...

Thanks for the feedback people. This is going to be a suit that will sit in the back of the locker for sometime yet. I'm very much a beginer and do not intend jumping it for some time yet. I aspire to flocking jumps and I'm hoping this will be good enough come the time i'm ready.

Thanks for the feedback people. This is going to be a suit that will sit in the back of the locker for sometime yet. I'm very much a beginer and do not intend jumping it for some time yet. I aspire to flocking jumps and I'm hoping this will be good enough come the time i'm ready.

if those are your intentions, why not spend your money on more jumps first? fly fly fly, get some coaching, fly some more, go to boogies... good deals will always appear... don't rush to buy something just to keep it in a closet...
by the time you're ready to fly the suit, your opinions may have changed about what you want. no need to rush.

just my opinion...

Thanks SuperGirl. I'm aproaching this one in the same way I aproached my aerobatic flying career. I bought myself a Pitts special before I had even got my basic Private pilots licence. I'm sure had I not bought it I would never have gotten around to getting to be an acomplished aerobatic pilot and may have just settled for flying a cessna around from a to b . The Pitts gave me a goal and somthing to work towards. The Raptor in the locker will spur me along to jump more and get accomplished. Im not the type of personality who would run before he can walk but I do need goals. I'll be getting my time on de tuned wings and training and coaching and aproaching it with caution. But its nice to know I have a wing ready and waiting for when my instructor is ready to let me on it. Just my approach and Im sure its not everyones cup of tea but its an approach that works for me.

One thing to consider is that wingsuits are changing at a very rapid pace. I don't know much about acrobatic planes, but I would wager that they are not changing nearly this rapidly.

You can work toward a goal without having that goal in your locker.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

The plan worked. I'm jumping the Raptor and I'm not in a hurry to upgrade. This suit will be fine for a good while yet. It was a great deal and even if i was to sell it tomorrow id do so without taking too much of a hit. Smiles all round :-)