mccordia

Phoenix-Fly Coach - Examinors & Training

Hello everyone,

The last half year, the Phoenix-Fly instructor program has been on a temporary pause due to several reasons.
But we're happy to report that we're starting with many new dates and events planned for training of new wingsuit coaches.

The instructional program has had a few revisions:
The name is now 'Phoenix-Fly Coach' (meaning a PFI is now a PFC/PFC number).

Though the name-change maybe takes a bit of pressure of the expectations, the actual changes in the PFC program should do the opposite.

The first one is that PF Coaches will be responsible for sticking to the recommendations regarding first flight training.
Complaints on any PF appointed coach in terms of incorrect training of first timers will result in numbers being pulled.
Effective from this point on. Complaints can be sent to [email protected]
In case of complaints, the PFC-examiners will vote on retracting the PFC rating, and take appropriate action.

Another important change is that people listed as a Phoenix-Fly coach on the (new) website will get a more in depth description
The PFC number is proof that a coach is capable of teaching, guiding, flying together, and signing of on instructional jumps for first timers.
But on top of that there are many other variables that may be important in selecting a coach. And not always things coaches are capable of and offering.

Its up to each coach to say how he/she wants to be listed, but at the same time, that listing does put expectations on their offering which they should be able to meet.
Listed here is a rough write-up on what you will find on the new PF website.

photo & SD/HD video
  • coaches that also offer dedicated photo/video jumps.

aerobatic skills & advanced coaching
  • proven skills in back flying, barrel rolls and docks
    listing acquired through submitted video or examination jump with a PFC-E

load organizing
  • experienced at running/organizing wingsuit events and briefing/debriefing wingsuit formations.

instruction/demo suits
  • Beginner wingsuits (Prodigy2, Acro2, Phantom2) present for first flight instruction and/or other high-end suits for demo use.

Combined with this program update, we also have several new Examiners for both the USA and Europe.

PFC-Examiners

• Jeannoel Itzstein - France
  • Scotty Burns - USA
  • Douglas Spotted Eagle - USA
  • Mirko Schmidt - Germany - PFC
  • Jarno Cordia - Netherlands/Belgium
  • Macca - United Kingdom
  • Benedikt Klees - Germany/Belgium

Coming month, there will be dates announced on future USA and EU PFC courses. More information on the program will than posted on the new Phoenix-Fly website (which has been receiving a full make-over the last few months, and is close to finished) and in this thread.
    At the moment all documents associated with the PFC program are also undergoing small updates, and this information for active and current PF Coaches will be put online soon as well, as well as an (email) request to every listed PFI asking them to update their information.

More soon!
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

So I take it the idea is to try to make instruction more focused by breaking the coaching program into sub-specializations?

We're trying to get people listed in more detail, next to making sure everyone training new flyers is doing so from a (current) experience, and in accordance to the set standards/rules.

The more elaborate listing also makes sure people can see who they are flying with for their FFC. And get a bit more of an idea on other services offered in terms of video/photo and/or advanced coaching related to skydiving or base.

As a small addition to the above post. I forgot Ed Pawlowski in the listing. So the complete list is:

PFC-Examiners
  • Ed Pawlowski - USA
  • Jeannoel Itzstein - France
  • Scotty Burns - USA
  • Douglas Spotted Eagle - USA
  • Mirko Schmidt - Germany - PFC
  • Jarno Cordia - Netherlands/Belgium
  • Macca - United Kingdom
  • Benedikt Klees - Germany/Belgium

More on this subject soon
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

So is this the same as a Wingsuit Instructor?

from the above post:
    The instructional program has had a few revisions:
    The name is now 'Phoenix-Fly Coach' (meaning a PFI is now a PFC/PFC number).

I don't see any of that info on the Phoenix Fly web page.

from the above post:
    More information on the program will be posted on the new Phoenix-Fly website

Within 2 to 3 weeks, the new site and information and further information on the PFC program will be up there.
    The basic details as currently listed for the PFI courses, combined with a flight assesment/test are part of qualifying for a PFC recommendation/rating.
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

With the new website slowly expanding, we have started to ad the coaches that have renewed their application.

If your name is not listed on the website, contact DSE (USA) or me (Europe/etc) for more information

PFC program details
    PFC listing

In the coming week, these pages will be expanded, and more information will be added for all PFC's
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?