tvandijck

'Safety' articles??

Just noticed this.
Here on dropzone.com there is the "safety" link in the top, which I occasionally read, and now that I started wingsuit, I thought, hey lets read that part and see what tips they got....

turns out, this is the list:

Disciplines:
* Formation Skydiving
* Freeflying
* Swooping
* Canopy Relative Work
* Skysurfing
* Freestyle
* Style and Accuracy
* Para-ski
* BASE Jumping

I see no wingsuiting there... there is an area for pretty much every discipline, except for wingsuit skydivers.

Now, I'm not that experienced yet, did some flocks and docks at F&D6, got Jarno to tell me some do's and don'ts, but that's pretty much it...

It would really suit (no pun intended) this community well to write some articles for dropzone.com, so I can read more do's and don'ts, but more importantly, not just me, but for others who are seeking this info...

I know it all comes down to training, and ask many many questions from more experiences people, but you know, not everyone has access to the highly experienced coached at their home DZ, so they seek information online...

anyway, just saying....

obviously, as soon as I posted this, I actually found two articles.... one about the gear-check, which is obviously very important and the future of wingsuiting, which didn't appear to be safety related.

That said thought, it's 3-4 clicks away from the main-page, which is quite a bit more than what is needed for the other disciplines...

I was more searching for what to do and don't do when participating in flocks, break-off procedures, etc.

apparently a wingsuit category was once added to those disciplines but the list of disciplines with links going to each category of articles was never updated.

the wingsuiting folder appears to have 2 articles in it so far

the folder seems to be inside "disciplines" just like everything else, judging by the breadcrumb trail shown on the page.

Flylikebriick.com has some..

sweet... why not post those to dropzone.com?

If you had a Bird-Man FFC that summarizes and covers the most important safety related items of this discipline.
It is not a fun park where you can read "you might get wet".:S

I've posted links to wingsuit related safety issue documents that I have written in the past here in the forum but many of those links are now dead. I dedicated one whole chapter to wingsuit safety related issues in my book , Skyflying Wingsuits In Motion, as it's not a topic that can be completely covered in forum posts or small documents.

I am in the process of upgrading my website where I have many of those documents and once it is online they will all be available for downlaoding. Until then, if you or anyone else would like those documents, PM me your e-mail address and I will send them to you.:)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING