mccordia

Red Bull Airforce - Training Camp

Robert recently got invited by Red Bull, together with Jules to spend some time flying with the Red Bull AirForce to improve their skill.
The team is doing a lot of great multi-point dives, with close proximity and good flying speed (evident in the way they are able to fly directly on top of other flyers, without catching burble).

For an avid wingsuit flyer, the over an hour long rough and uncut footage is already more than amazing, and 100% worth watching.
But to keep things a bit more interesting, and also entertain those with a lesser attention span here is a selection of cuts from the footage.

Enjoy!

Watch the video on: Vimeo.com
Watch the video on: YouTube.com
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Off-topic, but answering the question:
Its a quality product, with no skimming on production quality...sadly the amount of orders pushed the leadtime back to 3 months or more in some cases.
But added personel, and hard work has brought that lead time down a bit. But regardless, definetely worth the wait....B|

The V3 is made at its own dedicated facility.
For all other models, leadtime is around 4 to 5 weeks (max).

With regards to the 3D film. If your local big-screen cinema played the 'Dinosaurs' IMAX film, there is a big chance it will play the film 'Human Flight 3D' as well when its released.

The actual shoot for the skydiving stuff with these jumps, is planned for the coming weeks. More on that one later!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the FUTURE of Forward Flying Formation (F^3)... and the death of f10cking.

This is what I've been talking about for a long time and f10ckers couldn't understand because they have the brains the size of chicken's.

Put some ashes on your head, you f*cking f**ckers and LEARN from this video! This is how it's done. This is real flying - group flying. Realize that the hundreds or thousands of WS jumps you've done with your feet on your ass were all a stupid waste of your time. You learned precisely nothing. You learned how NOT TO FLY. Realize that you're a fucking idiot and change your life. Start FLYING!

Are these talented pilots with large WS experience? Yes they are. But you can do similarly awesome flying if you haven't wasted your precious airtime falling like a piece of shit from the sky.

Are they fully maxed out? No. But they're flying decent, only doing little sacrifices during the restructuring of formation. When they're in their positions, they fly without making any stupid compromises like we see in f10cks when ALL participants stupidly, with no apparent reason, hold their legs bent at the same 45 degree - or worse - angle and fall down more than they move forward.

2010. To fall in wingsuit with your feet on your ass and swept armwing becomes so silly
that only diehard f10ckers who got their panties in a bunch attacking Saint Yuri can do it.
;)

Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Look at their great exits - straight-into-flight, low-AoA, quick&safe separationg from the aircraft - and after a few seconds they're already in tight, efficient formation. Compare this to f10cking "i'm a drogue who's going to hit the tail" or "i'm falling out like a piece of shit" type of exits we see in the f10cks...

2010. F10ckers finally learn how to properly exit from aircraft wihout hitting the tail and looking like an airplane poop.

Many kudos to Robi, Andy Farrington, Clint Clawson, Jon DeVore, Mike Swanson, Miles Daisher (hey Miles :)

And, of course, Jarno for his awesome editing... I'm still waiting for that special pony lubrication technique you told me about ;)

And look at this wobbling, feet-in-the-ass piece of shit with several thousand of WS jumps among less number of people that made it to the eyes of millions of people on TV:

http://vimeo.com/3723973

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaha

Man, it's good to be not affiliated with anything and just say what you think. :)

The footage is shot with two digital cameras, with a chest-mounted recording unit, and lens/imager (x2) on the helmet. The 'fridge-size' camera setup 'back from the days of film' is long gone. Though even the digital setup still is quite clunky/large.

This footage is 'just' training footage (shot with Contour HD)

And Yuri...hoping to see you at F&D leading by example in terms of flying..
dont just talk the talk, but show you can also walk the walk..

And flyingwise, its experienced skydivers putting dedicated training in. Doing the same jump again and again. And the results show it works. Much like FS and FF training.
And its a joy to look at. And hope it does indeed inspire more teams (and hope they can make it to Italy for the WS comp:)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

The burble is more behind them than above. It's there, they just aren't in it..

Yuri would say that if it were f10cking, they couldn't fly these stacks as the burble would be vertical above the bent-knee-fallers.

In that case as they are straight-leg-flyers, the burble is more or less 42.67 degrees behind them
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

It is possible to fly in a burble. It's not pretty, but it is possible :)
As above though, they're not flying in the burbles.

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Indeed, the forward speed is the key. Flying at a glde rations of 2:1 or over, the burble is located behind the flyer at an angle at way over the 45 degrees described up earlier (45 degrees is a 1:1 glide...already possible in tracking).

You'll notice a lot of things in wingsuit flying with regards to flying input, reaction speed/time and docking tends to be easier and a lot smoother with higher flying speeds...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

And flyingwise, its experienced skydivers putting dedicated training in. Doing the same jump again and again. And the results show it works. Much like FS and FF training.

Depending on how long it took them to get to this (probably not too long), I would say their coach is doing a superb job! :)
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957