decompresion

Not grid worthy "NGW"

Those formations are pretty sweet. They very much resemble a recent Red Bull scene. "Thinking outside the box" is good. Seems much of this discussion is caught in a mental lock.
Nothing is more dangerous than an idea, if it is the only one we have. Most folks have a tendency to stop looking for answers when they've found the first "right answer" when often times, the best "right answer" is the second, third, etc answer that never got found.

Discovery consists of everybody looking at the same problem and thinking differently.

Discovery consists of everybody looking at the same problem and thinking differently.

Sounds like the definition of insanity, by Mr. Einstein (I think that is who said it). :P

"Insanity is repeating something over and over, expecting a different result.":ph34r:
If you're not living on the edge; you're taking up too much room!

you can't?

No, you can't.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

You can't see that you actually broke the original poster's [partially linked] formation to fit The Stupid Grid. You can't see that you're totally ignoring the fresh ideas about taking the group flying to the next level (actually, ground zero level, since f10cking is not flying at all, it's a group wobbling) and suggesting to believe in Grid specifically designed to bring giant quantities of fresh f10cking meat to the hands of Tonysuit/F**ckU gang like in God.

F10cking Olympics: it's not about running to the finish line faster and faster... it's about bringing the finish line closer and closer.
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

First you should probably gain the experience to even fly in such formations instead of following Yuri's lead and beginning with ignorance and sarcasm. Seems Yuri has gained and new worshiper. Maybe when he grows up he can carry the the black dick for him.

DSE had great comments but other's sarcasm and nasty remarks are far from positive adult input. Yuri just proves that one of the worst things that the internet has brought us is those who post everything and anything, anonymously of course, looking for attention because obviously they have very low self esteem, no social skills and no life. Hiding in their dingy little rooms and typing away without anyone knowing them. I doubt that he is this ignorant in person or someone would have take his obvious favorite toy and shoved it where he likes it. Now I might be "old school" but I do believe in a positive outlook for change and new innovations. But for someone to just continually badmouth everyone else for Flocking is getting very old and childish. But now, unfortuanly, it obviously appears he is rubbing off on others and now building his own little flock, who don't know any better and deep down only wish they could fly formations efficiently with others. Grid or no grid. But what do I know anyway.......

Mr. Guana,
First of all let me apologize for the sarcastic remarks in my posts. It is not now or has it ever been my intention to put anyone in an uncomfortable position or cause distress. I feel the need to explain myself after such a passionate plea from you.
I have never actually talked to, contacted, worshiped or had a conversation with user identified as "yuri". I have read a few of his posts. He can be funny, sometimes, almost.
I barely have the skills to fly a wingsuit and I will be the first to admit it. Being a wingsuit flyer is not a necessity to provide an opinion in an open forum . In fact some of the people who make decisions in the USPA about wingsuit's regulations are not WS flyers themselves. Furthermore, any USPA member can open a discussion on any aspect regarding USPA board decisions.
The recent board meeting was reported on in the link at the bottom [1]. "The Competition Committee met with several members of the wingsuit community and made slight modifications to the way wingsuit formation records are judged."
From the IPC meeting notes in Lausanne.[2] "Jacqui Brewer then presented the guidelines for the Temporary Working Group on Wing Suits". And further down the page there is a note about the presentations made about judging wingsuit formations.
From these two pieces of information, I would say that this discussion is far from over and it is nice to hear all ideas before committing. This forum is not formal and I have made no request from FAI or USPA to be heard with my 2 cents.
It is important to note that there might be three different criteria for WS. The "docked" and "no-contact" formations are already mentioned by name if you read through the USPA and IPC pages. This opens up "hybrid" and "3D" or "stacked" formations. The "Grid" looks like it was designed to work with the "no-contact" formations only. I may be wrong, but I can't fit any hybrid, stacked or docked formations in the Grid in a legal way. (Not even a three way docked formation or a three way stack and so on.)
Again I apologize for the hurtful sarcastic tone of the original post, but I don't feel I have invoked Godwin's law with it just yet.
I agree wholeheartedly that this should remain an intelligent and thoughtful discussion on the future rules that will affect us all.

[1]:
http://www.uspa.org/NewsEvents/News/tabid/59/Default.aspx#12659
[2]:
http://www.fai.org/parachuting/node/1609
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

The big bitch is that this forum tends to be full of a lot of people who are more than happy to tear things down, but don't do anything themselves to create something.

Because, you know, that actually takes hard work to do.

Don't like how the grid doesn't work with certain formations? Then come up with a better solution, put together some formations, use your system to judge those formations and then fly out to a BOD meeting and present your results.

Mr. MarkM,
You make an excellent point.
I am proposing a newer way of looking at formations
1) Plan a dive
2) Do it
3) Prove it

Notes:
I like to plan using a 3D computer tool to get the full view. I used Pro/E)
The proof should show that the plan was followed. if you need 5 photographers and 3 video flyers and gps transponders on every flyer, so be it
If you planned something you can't prove...find a way to prove it.

One of the problems I see is that for regular formations the FAI defines a formation as "jumpers linked by grips"(for regular RW) There is a lot to talk about but still I keep coming back to the Grid being a good tool for some formations, not all or even most.
D
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers

I applaud your post and also apologize if I lumped you in with others. I do not post often, but always read the forums to find out also what new innovations others are coming up with. It is a very informative site on many topics. Hopefully someday, in the near future, I will get to take part in such awesome 3D jumps myself. Yuri can be funny at time I will agree but he needs to reel it in a bit I think....its getting old. Lets keep this a place where people want to go to learn and progress. The discussions about flying methods ,since the big way event, have been awe inspiring. So many good idea and input from all. Just Keep on flying...how ever you can......after all thats what its all about!

Lets keep this a place where people want to go to learn and progress post about events which really belong to Events forum, stupid "welcome to f10ck" introductions (which really belong to Introductions forum), silly lists of people going to events, Stupid Grid discussions, and other stupid f10cking shit. The discussions about flying hopeless wobbling banana falling methods ,since the big way event, have been awe inspiring. So many good idea and input insulting of Yuri (and consuming his well-deserved warm yurine in response) from all. Just Keep on flying falling...how ever you can......after all thats what its all about!

Here, I corrected it for you.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Once again you make my point of what an asshole you really are. You really can't shut up can you. Your comments might be quite impressive ....for a grade 3 or 4 class but I doubt it does much for anyone any older. Keep pushing everyone's buttons and someday you may find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time with some who's buttons you have pushed to far, since you continue to insult everyone. You may find yourself "corrected". In case you haven't heard the old saying I will tell you.."what goes around...comes around" and your day will come as it usually does for most people like you. Hold your head up high knowing you are the "biggest asshole" on DZ.com. Enjoy the tile...you have earned it. King Yurine!!IMHO

Once again you make my point of what an asshole you really are. You really can't shut up can you. Your comments might be quite impressive ....for a grade 3 or 4 class but I doubt it does much for anyone any older. Keep pushing everyone's buttons and someday you may find yourself in the wrong place at the wrong time with some who's buttons you have pushed to far, since you continue to insult everyone. You may find yourself "corrected". In case you haven't heard the old saying I will tell you.."what goes around...comes around" and your day will come as it usually does for most people like you. Hold your head up high knowing you are the "biggest asshole" on DZ.com. Enjoy the tile...you have earned it. King Yurine!!IMHO

I saved your threat just in case. :)

As well as Jeff Nebelkopf's and some others.

Wow, f10ckers don't want to fly so bad that they want to kill the messenger!

Saved my threat? I am just stating facts not threatining. Getting a litttle paranoid are we? Is the list of Yurine haters growing so much that you feel you need to building a list now?? What does that tell you?? Not very stable are you......is it geting a little dark in that dingy little room of yours......don't you feel proud of yourself for gaining so many fans??

Yuri, Guana, et all:

I have removed several posts that contained bickering, forum violations, etc. from this thread. Do not continue posting if this is the only type of response you can make to each other. If you cannot help your self, I will help you step away from the computer by giving you a few days off from the forum. Take time to re visit the forum rules as well as think about common courtesy when speaking with others.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I applaud your post and also apologize if I lumped you in with others. I do not post often, but always read the forums to find out also what new innovations others are coming up with. It is a very informative site on many topics. Hopefully someday, in the near future, I will get to take part in such awesome 3D jumps myself.

Scott C. led some very nice 3-d formations after the 68-way last November.

The method I proposed for evaluating ANY 2-d formation could in principle be extended to 3-d, but there would be some interesting analysis required to get the 3-d positions of the jumpers from a set of 2-d photographs. Rather like the math required for CAT scans and MRI scans.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.