yuri_base

What REAL FLYING is like

Yuri, don't you want to apply for a professor's position at the university?:P:D

I'm already a Professor at my very own Pure Fucking Magic University (PFMU). Currently, accepting applications from young female students for the following courses:

101A. Does size matter? An intense introduction to high performance.

101B. Does shape matter? Think outside of the cylinder.

101C. Can performance be increased without leaving the couch? PFM at work.

101D. Z-Device: principle of operation, activation, usage, maintenance and cleaning. Long hands-on sessions one-on-one with the Professor. (due to high demand, however, we cannot guarantee one-on-one... group sessions are quite common)

101E. Positioning Z-Device on various parts of your body. Unorhodox Kamasutra.

101F. Z-Device poetry. When you can't stop thinking about the magical device.

Send in your application now with a brief essay about yourself and why you are interested in joining PFMU!!!

B|
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

God damn that makes me happy. That line through the trees and into the canyon, wow. That's the greatest line and piece of footage I've seen from any air sport period. So tasty.

I don't pop in here too often and i must say i get a kick out of yuri's relentless ripping on the relative workers in floppy suits, but to play the devil's advocate, most of those lines were made possible by at least a little bit of sloppy flying. You know to stay relative :)

So glad i saw that tonight, best lines ever, bravo.

I don't pop in here too often and i must say i get a kick out of yuri's relentless ripping on the relative workers in floppy suits, but to play the devil's advocate, most of those lines were made possible by at least a little bit of sloppy flying. You know to stay relative :)

Probably not.

Tendency in proxy flying is to fly steep angle, high speed, high energy, quite unlike the 'sloppy' low speed, stalled out mushing configurations of a poorly gliding flock.

Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Probably not.

Tendency in proxy flying is to fly steep angle, high speed, high energy, quite unlike the 'sloppy' low speed, stalled out mushing configurations of a poorly gliding flock.

I suppose the Red Arrows, the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels are flying 'sloppy' in their airshow routines, because they are not flying at full throttle and sometimes even have their flaps and gear down.

Formation flying is a legitimate activity in its own right. It doesn't need to be done maxed out regardless of what Yuri thinks.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Formation flying is a legitimate activity in its own right. It doesn't need to be done maxed out regardless of what Yuri thinks.

Unless you get to the point of 65 second jumps, and tracking style performance, where you should start getting questions regarding the actual use and function of a wingsuit.

Sadly most people involved with this discussion shoot into overly negative black and white views regarding this subjects real quick. And a duck and dive action to not be hit by poop, tar and feathers is usually the only thing left to do...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I'm with Trond on this one.

For starters, I couldn't care less about what (if any) methodology we use to judge "records" - or even if we have records at all. I like to jump out of an airplane with nylon wings and take pretty pictures when I do it.

But here's the way I think of Yuri's concept of "flying": I have a zippy convertible sports car. It's fast and handles incredibly well. Sometimes, I like to get out on the highway and max it out. To really have good performance with it, though, the top has to be up (it's a drag/aerodynamics thing). Other times, on a hot summer afternoon, I like to put the roof down and just cruise. When you get the right combination of sun and warmth and wind, it's really sublime.

Anyway, using Yuri-think, I'm not "driving" unless I have the top up and have maxed the car out. Take the roof down, go slower than 140 mph, and it's something... but it's not "driving"...

I can assure you the best and most enjoyable moments I've had in the car were when it wasn't maxed out. It was when I was driving with friends to the DZ with the roof down and we were enjoying each other's company, the scenery, and the wind.

In Yuri-think, that's not driving. But, in a nutshell, I feel that that position is patently retarded.

Edited to add: Don't get me wrong - there's a time and place for everything. Sometimes maxing out on a jump (and flying clean across a relatively large Massachusetts town and landing in someone's backyard as a storm approaches) is the thing to do... There are many paths to joy in this sport. There's no point in closing the door to any of them. Your wingsuit won't complain whether it's flocking or maxing out. There's no reason we should.

Anyway... less bitching, more jumping!
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Probably not.

I suppose the Red Arrows, the Thunderbirds and the Blue Angels are flying 'sloppy' in their airshow routines, because they are not flying at full throttle and sometimes even have their flaps and gear down.

Take it up with Adam, I'm just using his terminology.

I didn't say it wasn't, I was just saying to Adam that when a proxy flyer reduces glide ratio he generally does it a very, very different way to a bent legs flocker.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Formation flying falling is a legitimate activity in its own right. It doesn't need to be done maxed out regardless of what Yuri thinks.

Where did I say that? Your silly attempt to put the words in my mouth I never said is extremely juvenile, Mr. Bent Legs. ;)

I'm a relentless mocker of a piss-poor flying falling (aka f10cking) that is constantly shoveled in people's faces online, in magazines, and even TV as "flying". I've never said anything bad about group flying where a decent level of flying is exhibited. I've always praised it, although personally I'm not interested in it at all, except for rare magic flights when I'm racing with several like-minded pilots.

Your stubborn defense of ugly bent-legs falling in wingsuits is striking... I guess you want to feel forever young and you like the feeling of bent knees so nobody can say you're stiff like rigor mortis :D
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Formation flying falling is a legitimate activity in its own right. It doesn't need to be done maxed out regardless of what Yuri thinks.

Where did I say that? Your silly attempt to put the words in my mouth I never said is extremely juvenile, Mr. Bent Legs. ;)

I'm a relentless mocker of a piss-poor flying falling (aka f10cking) that is constantly shoveled in people's faces online, in magazines, and even TV as "flying". I've never said anything bad about group flying where a decent level of flying is exhibited. I've always praised it, although personally I'm not interested in it at all, except for rare magic flights when I'm racing with several like-minded pilots.

Your stubborn defense of ugly bent-legs falling in wingsuits is striking... I guess you want to feel forever young and you like the feeling of bent knees so nobody can say you're stiff like rigor mortis :D

I think we have a clear violation of forum rules here.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I've never said anything bad about group flying where a decent level of flying is exhibited. I've always praised it, although personally I'm not interested in it at all,

For a guy who claims to not be interested in flocking 'at all', it seems to be your favorite topic of conversation.

I'm not sure what your beef is with how other people choose to conduct their skydives, but whatever it is, it really makes you sound like a dick. Just because of another persons choice of fall rate or forward speed does not match your own, they are to be mocked, repeatedly by the likes of you?

Get over yourself. I don't like your choice of screen name, but I don't mock it, do I? 'Yuri' sounds an awful lot like the american word 'urine', which means piss. However, you don't see me addressing you as 'Yurine_base' do you? No, I let you be, now you can let others be.

Yuri and the others involved:

I removed the playground bickering and taunting/ name calling posts. Let me remind you all of the forum rules and common courtesy in speaking with others. If you cannot carry on this line of conversation in an adult manner and avoid breaking the rules, I suggest you step away from the computer and this thread. Otherwise I will not hesitate to hand out a few days off from the forum to those offending individuals. This is your one warning.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING