yuri_base

What REAL FLYING is like

I turned away from the monitor few times while watching these guys fly... some really scary stuff. Keep pushing the limits!!! (and try to stay alive...)
I understand the need for conformity. Without a concise set of rules to follow we would probably all have to resort to common sense. -David Thorne

That's what f10cking is NOT about.

Correct. Flocking is not about buzzing big walls. Cheers to you for being astute enough to understand the difference.

Next up: apples are not oranges, and horses are not motorcycles.

The footage was very impressive, probably the craziest proximity stuff I've ever seen. I like the outside shot from 6:00, and the pass starting at 7:32 was just insane. Something crosses the screen at 8:25 going the other way... another jumper, or a bird? :o
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

That's what f10cking is NOT about.

Correct. Flocking is not about buzzing big walls. Cheers to you for being astute enough to understand the difference.

It's obvious that the "is NOT about" refers to the title of the post, i.e. "f10cking is NOT REAL FLYING". We all can be slow sometimes... or not astute enough. :D

Even if these guys were swooping clouds on a skydive, they'd still be REALLY FLYING and having no problem staying relative.

F10cking, essentially, is a mental decease of falling instead of flying, for no apparent reason. For example, the guys in the attached picture, with hundreds, if not thousands, of wingsuit jumps each, all have their legs bent at the same 45 degrees and upper bodies at positive pitch angle, falling down more than they move forward. Why? Because they don't know any better. The thought of unbending their legs and starting moving forward more than down just never crosses their mind.

F10cking is about not being astute enough to understand what real flying is about. :P

And you're a long-time patient. :)
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Actually, as I remember we are flying steep because we attempting to not completely overfly our tiny landing area due to a tail wind, high seas, and a bad spot :S.

You don't know any better how to fly to a good spot for opening other than keep flying falling downwind with your feet on your ass? :S

Jeez, I guess in each and every of hundreds of thousands of f10cking pictures there were "tail wind, high seas, and a bad spot", because they all pretty much look like this one. :D

Actually, as I remember we are flying steep because we attempting to not completely overfly our tiny landing area due to a tail wind, high seas, and a bad spot :S.

That's correct. I flew base on many loads, and I had to slow down the forward speed to make sure that we didn't overshoot the beach. Also, maximizing the time spent over the beach allowed the photographers more time to capture its beauty B|

Purple Mike

P.S. Thanks to everyone with a camera in PR ;)

F10cking, essentially, is a mental decease of falling instead of flying, for no apparent reason.

So what? If people like to do it, who are you to piss on their parade? There are many things to do in the air that I don't choose to do, but other people like. I see no need to try and take away their enjoyment, but you seem to be trying to generate negativity and make people angry.
I think the one with a mental disease is you. I feel sorry for you.
But what do I know?

I don't see that it's any of your business how other wingsuiters choose to have fun in the sky.

Are you saying that if you unbend your legs and start flying with others instead of falling, the fun suddenly disappears?

Are you saying that the jumpers in that video, although they have no problem staying relative, land with sad faces because their legs were straight? "Why are you so sad? Didn't you have fun?" - "Waaaaaaaaa, waaaaaaaa, he didn't bend his legs.... he moved forward instead of falling down.... that was a waste of a jump... i'm crying... waaaaaa" :D

Are your lower legs connected by strings to the corners of your mouth so when your legs are bent, you smile, and when you stretch them, you frown?

Maybe, f10cking is not only mental, but also a physical disorder? ;)

Or, Professor Of Bent Legs, sour grapes start flying into your mouth once you straighten your legs? :P

I don't see that it's any of your business how other wingsuiters choose to have fun in the sky.

Are you saying that if you unbend your legs and start flying with others instead of falling, the fun suddenly disappears?

Are you saying that the jumpers in that video, although they have no problem staying relative, land with sad faces because their legs were straight? "Why are you so sad? Didn't you have fun?" - "Waaaaaaaaa, waaaaaaaa, he didn't bend his legs.... he moved forward instead of falling down.... that was a waste of a jump... i'm crying... waaaaaa" :D

Are your lower legs connected by strings to the corners of your mouth so when your legs are bent, you smile, and when you stretch them, you frown?

Or, Professor Of Bent Legs, sour grapes start flying into your mouth once you straighten your legs? :P

Your behavior on this forum in general and in this thread in particular is remarkably juvenile. Your math skills are good but your attitude towards others sucks.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Your behavior on this forum in general and in this thread in particular is remarkably juvenile. Your math skills are good but your attitude towards others sucks.

Jeez, that's what f10cking is about: defending piss-poor performance instead of improving your flying. With no reason whatsoever.

F10cking: having a wingsuit and NOT willing to fly. :)

[replyHow do the guys locate those routes that fit the flight performance and how is that planned? first a trial jump a bit "high", and then downnnn! ?

+1

I would really want to know the what is the process of planing and executing jumps like these.
dudeist skydiver #42