LouDiamond

A Day On the Beach Boogie 1-4 April

Too much serious talk around here lately, time to lighten it up and put things back into perspective and have some fun.

I'll be organizing a "fun way" camp along with Stephane Zunino from Fly Your Body and you're all invited. There will be cheap lift tickets, no registration fee, free boogie beer and a saturday night party with BBQ and DJ Moo. There will also be some swag to be given away just for the wingsuit crowd from all of the manufacturers.

The boogie will focus on safety, small group flying, skill building and performance flying. If you want to have some fun, no stress wingsuit jumps along with the opportunity to do some specialty jump runs, this is the boogie for you. For more info click HERE. Hope to see you there.:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

So far we have about a bakers dozen showing up from Europe and South America. If you plan on coming shoot me a PM or post here. We've got several very fun dives planned that will be sure to put a smile on your face. Hope to see you there.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

We have a few fun things lined up already for those attending. Suffice it to say that for those up to it, there will be some challenging jumps that will surely test your flying abilities and put a smile on your face.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

PD will be at the event with their line up of Demo canopies for everyone to try out. If you've been wanting to demo a Storm or any other PD canopy in a specific size, let me know and I will ask them to make sure to bring that size canopy to the event. See you there.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Zun will be arriving here today and we will also have the PD demo crew, Greg and the gang from UPT and the Liquid Eyewear booth here as well. PD, Vigil, Alti-2,Birdman, Jump Shack, Bonehead, Liquid Eyewear, UPT, Fly Your Body will be giving goodies and swag away during the boogie as well as providing demos of their gear. Hope to see you here.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

was thinking about heading to this, but never been out to SDA. is there going to be a place i can set up a tent nearby?

Most definitely. The tent area is on the DZ and is about 100 meters from the main hanger and about 50 meters from the bent prop. Plenty of space available.:)
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Had a really good day today. Forecast called for 60% chance of rain but the sky stayed blue and dry all day and we managed to put 20 loads up on a thursday. Had several fun and challenging linked dives throughout the day that we'll continue to work on for the whole boogie. A lot more wingsuiters showed up towards the end of the day so we should see about 5-8 more people joining the groups tomorrow. Norm Kent is here and will be joining us at some point to take some shots possibly for the linked stuff we're working on. We are not sucking in Eloy!:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Another long ass day of jumping and having fun, I think we ended up with something like 46 loads. Did some small groups with coaching and tracing dives that were challenging for everyone involved. We also managed to bring two more birds into the flock. Congrats to Ke (kay) and Ern(Aaron), both got their wings yesterday. Today looks to be more fun out of the skyvan with high speed passes, gainers and distance challenges. We might get around to doing some linked stuff if we get bored with having fun.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Just a quick post to capture the days events. Lots of great flocks with some very tight flights and fast speeds. The French guys are kicking it like Kung-fu and everyone else is having fun being pushed outside their comfort zone. Added 4 new birds to the flock. Congrats to Spencer, Matt, Rick and Greg (UPT Rigger). All earned their wings today and did very well. The party is well under way and the BBQ and beer is a plenty. :)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Scott,

Thanks for the kick ass day! I am absolutely hooked and looking forward to my next flight. Feels like I might have to call in tomorrow (today) with an eye problem, as in I can't see coming to work today when I could be flying with all of you. Blue Skies and long flights!

Rick
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

Thanks for your organisation scott.We had maked some goods jumps in Eloy.

Some video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8QA9w0RfAY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E69DOBy955o

Now we are on the road to Lodi !

Looked fun.. Second vid is set to "Private" so did not get to see it.. I am guessing it has a lots more of "FLY YOUR BODY" going on in it as well!

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Sorry for the delay. I haven't posted any pictures because I wasn't doing photos during the boogie and I was on the road the next day right after the boogie. The French guys have done a great job of posting pictures and video on facebook and Norman Kent has put up a few shots he took from the flocks he was on, on his website already.

I had a great time with everyone who showed up and flew with us. The French guys are fun to jump with and it proved to be a great event with everyone trying new things and just having simple, no stress, fun flights. The linked flights we did turned out OK but everyone was more up for just winging it, so thats what we did. The new birds that were added to the flock all left with smiles on their faces and plans on how to finance their new suits in their minds. Someone is already working on a write up of the entire event so expect to see it in Parachutist at some point. Thanks again to Zun and his gang and everyone who came out and had a good time. I had fun flying with all of you.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING