mccordia

3D edition - International Artistic Wingsuit Competition 2010

We are currently looking at Sept 11 to Sept 14, for the next edition of the Artistic Wingsuit Competition (again to be held in Terni, Italy).

Should these dates collide with othet events/boogies, let us know asap. so we can shift the dates back or forward a few days/week(s) to accomodate everyones agenda better.

We'll be there again for sure!

Teams
  • FlyLikeBrick - The Netherlands

• JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Hi Jarno,

I heard that there is a big way around this same time in the Czech Republic, but I don't know if the exact dates have been set. It might work out for some people in the US to attend both events, if they are around the same time. Do you know anything about this big way?

Thanks,

Purple Mike

Gransee (the performance competition) is 3 days after the planned dates for the Wingsuit Competition, so for overseas people, already a good chance to go all-out in Europe.

I havent heard anything about a EU bigway as of now.
    Last year there was also some Spanish invitational thing many people asked about about, but I also never heard details on what/where/who.
    So you probably know more than I do about that one:)

I do know there is an invitational formation event planned in Belgium for later in the season. Specifics for that one will follow. But the aim for that one wont be 'record' though, but just 'visualy pleasing' and seeing how tight it can be flown (spacing it within/max one meter).

I update the boogie calendar on wingsuitnews.com this weekend, to show the EU scedule in more detail.

If you know of planned weekends or boogies, let me know per PM or email to [email protected]

For the wingsuit competition, the above dates are set (many people mailed, liking those dates, none against), so hoping to see everyone there for the competition!

If you have a team or need teammates, give a shout!
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Heyhey..

The website www.wingsuitcompetition.com is now updated with the dates for the 2010 Wingsuit Competition in Italy.

The final dates are:
    September 11-14 (saterday, sunday, monday, tuesday)

There will be another website update with more information on travel, accomedation, and competition details within the next two weeks.B|

'Wings over Gransee' is directly after the 3D International Wingsuit Competition, giving US visitors a great oppertunity to come and play, and enter in multiple competitions.

JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

• Team Oden - Sweden
  • Oxygen Wingsuit Team - Belgium
  • "Easy to Fly" wingsuit team - Italy

pending
  • Les Pengouins - France (?)
  • TonySuits Factory Team - USA (?)
    And who else is coming for some awesome flying! Give a shout;)

The website with the divepool will also be online shortly!
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

I am looking for a buddy to train with and attend the competition. Since I travel a lot in Germany, Belgium and Netherlands it does not matter much where you come from. Let's just meet a few weekends and fly together!

PM me if interested!
    For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

And we have new teams confirmed....

teams
  • Team Oden - Sweden
  • Oxygen Wingsuit Team - Belgium
  • "Easy to Fly" wingsuit team - Italy
  • "Bad Boys" - Spain

pending
  • Les Pengouins - France (?)
  • TonySuits Factory Team - USA (?)
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

wingsuitcompetition.com has been updated with the Divepool, and several other additions.

And having seen some video this past weekend of the Spanish 'bad boys' in action during some of their training jumps, awesome!
    I can only comment saying that this years competition is going to be intense, and the flying you will see is going to be beautifull!

Next to the live scoring for the web, we will also try and upload the rounds to the website as soon as they have been completed.

Looking forward to September!

Check it out!
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Just a small addition, as we got some questions with regards to the divepool.
    By lottery (drawing em out of a hat, with each figure in it twice) we will determine the final rounds.

So an example competition could be:

round 1: A C (repeat)
    round 2: B B (repeat)
    round 3: F A (repeat)
    round 4: D E (repeat)
    round 5: C E (repeat)
    round 6: free round

So everyone can practice the figures. But the actual order wont be known untill a day before the competition. So pratice, practice, practice.

And any USA flyers looking at coming to the comp this year?
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

And more news...

We are currently looking at also having the DZ open a few days prior to the competition for practice jumps. Thursday/Friday as a given. If we have more teams wanting to train a few days before, let us know so we can arrange everything more specific in terms of lift capacity. I will also ask Giovanni to post more information on hotels and dz sleeping facilities.

And we have our first Russian team with 'Defy Gravity'! The list of teams is growing fast!
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

i think the chances are good that we FlyByWire Wingsuit-TEAM can join, too.
    any tipps for travelling down there from the middle of germany?

after the comp we can rent a big bus to travel with the whole crowd to the WoG Comp. in Berlin ;-)
    ---
    FlyByWire Wingsuit Team

Sweet!
    If you have further team details (2x performer and 1x camera flyer name) shoot me an email, so I can ad the info:)
    And a small misc. comment. If there are enough teams, and when prefered. We have the ability to use a simpler divepool for a beginner/intermediate class.

Though last year, some of the Italian teams with low jump numbers and hardly any practice at all even managed to do all the jumps quite well. I you have wishes/ideas on this subject...here is the place to tell us!

And about your suggestion, I wouldnt be a bad idea to maybe see about renting a big bus, and driving from a central german location to Italy. And than on to Gransee.
    Would be a really cool group thing to doB|

JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

i think the chances are good that we FlyByWire Wingsuit-TEAM can join, too.
    any tipps for travelling down there from the middle of germany?

If you have a car available, driving is a good option. Terni is just above Rome and you can take the very nice Italian A1 autostrada through Italy.
    Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Last year, hardly any team had real practice (despite good intentions:), and for some Italian crews it was even their first jumps together...so even that shouldnt be too much of a limiting factor...though of course practice makes perfect..
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

And some news!

The website has been updated with a nice PDF document with the more elaborate version of the competition rules.

And a few new team-announcements (For some of the 'pro' teams still not definitive, depending on training ability the coming months).

Already up to 10/12 teams now.
    Also hoping for Babylon Freefly and some of the other pro-teams to enter the competition.
    Its going to be some beautifull flying. Thats for sure. And the post-competition flying will be mighty fine. Thats for sure!
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?