mccordia

3D edition - International Artistic Wingsuit Competition 2010

Eyey...

So far we have gotten the awesome amount of 3 trainingjumps in, but heading to France (Soulac) now, and hoping to make a few more with Alex there.

For teams who (like us) have difficulty sceduling trainingdays, the dropzone will already be open on the days before the competition.

So wednesday, thursday and friday (8, 9, 10 September) everyone can already join in, and do some competition flying.
The judges will also be at hand already, to give you scores on your trainingjumps, and all teams there (us included) are all more than willing to assist eachother with tips and tricks on how to perform certain figures.

After the competition, we will (of course) do some serious flocking with all the participants there, and fly some of the most amazing formations possible (judging the amount of flying tallent, skill and experience present at the DZ).

People still looking for a team or cameraflyer, just shoot us a note, and we'll hook you up! Only 2 more months! Counting down!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Hmmmm...

Hmm? Thinking of joining us? ;) I'm sure you should be able to find 2 able bodied American wingsuiters willing to join you... B|

We've just added another team from Germany: Team Colibri.

Check out the roster of teams expected to come on the competition page [url http://www.wingsuitcompetition.com/wscomp2010/index.html]here[url].
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Is there any requirements for this competition? Are novice flyers just as welcome as the "elite"?

Absolutely, all wingsuiters are welcome! Depending on the turnout, we might split it into 2 events, one for the novice teams and one for the more experienced teams, to make it more fun for the novice teams.

Cheers,

Costyn.
Costyn van Dongen - http://www.flylikebrick.com/ - World Wide Wingsuit News

Last year, 2 teams competed with flyers who where close to novice/new.
All skill levels are welcome, and even if you dont score, all the available flyers will gladly assist with helpfull coaching tips and fun flocks afterward!

Barrelrolls and docks are really the only thing to practice (as most figures can be performed as one move, or two seperate steps...easier, though a bit slower..but possible for everyone..).

pre-comp training and judging will also be possible, to help learn smoothing your flying out a bit!

So by all means! Come by!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I recently decided to go as well :) I'll be filming Team Oxygen. I still have a lot of learning and training to do, but there is still time. This is kinda exiting for me because this is my first competition ever. I am looking forward to this!
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

make us proud !!!

still keeping up with the news... go for it Eli !!!, stay cool, focus, and practice ! you'll do fine. Oxygen rules and will kick ass !!! need help with the editing, i'll be glad to help or do the job ... ;) If you flew wings, you'll fly forever, good luck and kick ass guys, bring home some podium places... :P:P:P

oxygen wingsuitteam
check out our newest movie
Trainingweek Seville Spain 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwtzc1RDzDQ

Some information about prizes:

• Alti-2 Donated 2 25% gift certificates (Discount on N3/N3 audio)
  • Phoenix-Fly donated several gift certificates (50%, 25%, 15% all x 3 so each member has one)
  • Supporting this competition from the start, and one of the biggest pushing forces in making this dicipline fun and accesable for a lot of people in many forms..SkyJester. A 200,- Euro donation that will be used as a 100 euro cash prize for the winning teams in both 'Intermediate' and 'Pro' catagories.
  • Sponsored by us (FlyLikeBrick) a 50,- euro cash prize for the most impressive flyer (public vote).
  • Dropone The Zoo (Terni) is sponsoring with 6 (hop and pop) Jump Tickets.

Several more prizes will be announced soon...B|
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

I'm gonna try my best buddy :$ I just finished the first of a couple of wingsuit videos that I'll be uploading in the coming weeks. Sadly though, my bullshit computer crashed a few days ago, so I'm gonna have to start over. Keep your thumbs up for us mate! :)

"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

ANd we are about to start the second trainingday!
    Yesterday was a beautifull day, and aside from one or two teams not here yet, everyone got to practice a lot of stuff. With helpfull tips given to eachother everywhere. Real friendly spirit (with a bit of competitive banther)

The Belgian team arrived late in the evening, and is also commencing training today.
    Tomorrow there will be one trainingjumps, and than the big competition begins!

I will try and upload the rounds as they come in (if the connection allows, its not really broadband), and scores will also be posted to a webpage as they come in.

The weather is absolutely stunning. Clear blue skies, 28 degrees celcius.
    So we even get to work on a tan.

We're about to manifest for load one, working a bit more on the free round. When the competition starts, Ill try and post updates as we go allong!

Gotta fly!
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

And all teams completed the first trainimg/warmup jumps.
    Load 1 for the actual competition is taking of!
    Online scoreboard with live updates should be up directly after round 1 is judged!

The Germans, Spanish and Russian teams are showing some severly impressive (quick and clean) flying!
    This competetion video is going to be a joy to watch!

Boarding now for load 2, our first jump!
    More as the competition unfolds!
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

Day one just ended..
    The Russian team Defy Gravity have truly put on an awesome show, being the dark horse in the race. They are showing quick, fast and precise flying, with spot on camerawork. Impressive to watch. And awesome to see more and more teams showing up with a lot of practice and training. Truly progressing the level of the sport in terms of skill and performance.
    Outscoring the other lead teams with 1 to 2 points per round, and slowly building up a big lead. The Spanish team Bad Boys is also putting up an awesome fight. Only lagging two points behind FlyLikeBrick, so the final 2 rounds tomorrow are going to prove exciting.

The free round is what has everyone most enthousiastic, its going to be really exciting to see what every team has come up with...
    But its safe to say these videos will be popular material when they hit the web. Its inspiring to see this active flying style become more common, and teams working hard to improve their flying.

A more detailed score will be posted online tomorrow, showing the camera, style and dock points for each round.

Note worthy, the German team is showcasing some really good flying, concidering their <100 wingsuit jumps. And the Italians, Belgians and UK teams are also doing flying that would have been concidered top notch last year, and is now the intermediate catagory due to the lead teams performance.

Super happy with how the day went..the videos will be showing up online wednesday/thursday hopefully (editing in the car on the way back).
    More news tomorrow...!!
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?

A website update wil also be due start of next week, with more stories, pictures and videos.
    But for now, here is already a more detailed score list of all rounds and big thank you to all of the people and sponsors who made this competition possible!

See you all again next year!
    JC
    FlyLikeBrick
    I'm an Athlete?