base729

V3 out of a cessna

So I did a search for taking wingsuits out of a cessna and most of the results were from a few years ago when the suits were smaller. Up until now I've just dove out of the cessna in my V3, but want to start doing 2-ways and poised exits. Do the same techniques work with the larger suits? Even with arms and legs collapsed, I have a significant amount of material exposed, especially if I'm moving sideways on the step holding onto the strut.

ask the pilot to hold the airspeed mainly by slightly dropping the nose. Some pilots drop with a lot of engine power.

With that configuration it should not be harder to get to the strut than getting to the video step of an Otter.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

Yes it's doable, same techniques of hiding material but you'll be using some muscle to hold on, so preferably don't hang out there all day.
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it. " -John Galt from Atlas Shrugged, 1957

I have taken my Ghost 2 out of a Cessna and it wasn't too bad holding on. Like others have said try to get the pilot to pull the power back to lessen the prop blast. Also keep in mind that you really need to keep those wings closed. Because of the stance of a poised exit you really have to be mindful of it. Have fun and stay safe.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

Ive taken the Stealth2 out of c206t and c172, and even did some exits hanging under the strut.
Think like a lady getting out of a car in a miniskirt, without underwear, and paparazzi lurking. Legs closed at all time, knees tight together, and stick to the plane body/strut like velcro..hugging it close..

On exit, stay small untill you've cleared the hor. stabilizer.

Also note these kind of climb-outs are not the place and time to test/play with a BASE-pouch for hackey/pilotchute location..it could severely endanger you, the pilot and anyone on the ground..
Id even avoid hackey-balls, and try to get a freefly pud, as it locks your pilotchute in place a bit more on those dodgy climb-outs and handicapped scuttles though the plane (next to pilotchute/bridle entanglements on deployment).

Wear sunscreen..eat your vegetables!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

At our dropzone we had a collision that involved jumper in V3 and the horizontal stabilizer of a C206 (exit at cargo door). Luckily the jumper was unharmed, as the wing touched only his rig, not head. He said the V3 catches airstream at the door much more than for example the V2. I have been doing exits from the cameraman position of C206 with V2, but suppose it will be too unsafe with V3.

V

"Fear is the path to the Dark side"
(Master Yoda)

We've made several 2-way exits from a 182. You can even do a really tight 3-way exit if you're careful!

2-way exit from a 182 at 09:27
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsyGRNvjYyY

One guy hanging under the strut and one guy standing in front of him (it requires one guy doing a back exit though).
It's not over untill the bearded lady swings!

like a lady getting out of a car in a miniskirt, without underwear

Perhaps I'm a bit old-fashioned, but the word "lady" seems to be out of place there. "Trashy celebutante" may be more appropriate ;)

No, as we know, a "Trashy celebutante" moves differently. ;)
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.