LetsGoOutside

Birdman Blade II

Hmm.....

New base pouch option. "jimmy Pouch"

Why? Because the original one sucked so bad, a few people had to make their own / alter the existing after they almost went in because of its design.... or they got sick of their pilot chute falling out of it..... :P

Great R&D and quality control.... at least the belt for the jeans looks cool.

But what do I know.

_justin

Hmm.....

New base pouch option. "jimmy Pouch"

Why? Because the original one sucked so bad, a few people had to make their own / alter the existing after they almost went in because of its design.... or they got sick of their pilot chute falling out of it..... :P

Great R&D and quality control.... at least the belt for the jeans looks cool.

But what do I know.

_justin

So they fixed a problem. Good on them.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

I got mine a week ago and jumped it a few times now.
Compared to the Blade (1) the main differences are the bigger legwing, the new air-intakes at the front and of course the attachment system with the zippers.

Attaching the suit is easy and can be done in seconds.
Flying the suit is awesome, it's easy to handle and even after several flights it's not exhausting to the arms (it's even taking less effort to fly the Blade 2 than to fly a Firebird. Compared to the S6 the difference is gigantic!)
Backflying works really well, too.
I'm really enthusiatic about the new Blade and I can definetely recommend it :)

Back from the desert all I can say is that the new BLADE flies really good. Easy to control, with a slow vertical and high horizontal speed. It is my first high performance suit, and I did 140 jumps with GTI and Firebird before. It is a big step for me, but only a small step for mankind. ;)

The zippers work fine, and will be good for people who often change rigs, or have only one rig and do not always jump with a wingsuit. For me it is not a big difference. What I like about the zipper design at the Blade II is, that the zipper goes down completely to the bottom end of the pillow, which prevents the pillow from being sucked into the suit, as it is possible on some other designs.

1300 Sprünge, 100er Wingsuit Formation, viele nette Menschen kennengelernt, keine Unfälle. Schön war's!

What I like about the zipper design at the Blade II is, that the zipper goes down completely to the bottom end of the pillow, which prevents the pillow from being sucked into the suit, as it is possible on some other designs.

Such as? Which modern design suits have this "problem?"

ok, maybe I'm totally off now, but why do all new Wingsuits that have bee thrown on the market during the last 1 or 2 years look like copies of Robis suits???
- shape
- Wingtip grippers
- air inlets
- connecting system
- etc
Is Robi the only one out there with own ideas?
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

Well, Robi didn't invent the words "Phoenix", "Fly", "Wingsuit", "Ghost", "Vampire", "Phantom", etc... so he obviously ripped off those words from whomever coined them first.

Robi also stole the idea of the wingsuit from Patrick DG, who stole the idea from his predecessors, who were really just ripping off DaVinci, who really was just ripping of whatever Greek came up with the story of Daedelus and Icarus.

Robi also uses construction materials that he is copying from others. He didn't invent ZP, or zippers, or nylon thread. Heck, even by sewing, he's obviously a knock off of whatever person came up with that idea.

The more you break it down, Robi is just a big ol' copy of a ton of people. Doesn't he have his own ideas?

;)
Brian Drake

Who in turn probably copied it from King Solomon (or Shlomo to his pals). ;)

THAT has to be one of the funniest things I've read here, ever. Schlomo/Rigger invented the parachute. If he didn't, then he taught the guy that did. I wonder if there is anyone with his knowledge.
BTW, Brian...Gilead says that they'll now allow wingsuits at Paradive.:)

Good news about Paradive. But then Ori and Philip have said recently both Paradive and SkyKef have turned into even worse tandem-factories.

I was referring to the fact that Shlomo HaMalech is probably what people would have called King Solomon in his day.

But you're right, Shlomie at Paradive probably had a hand in inventing the parachute.
Brian Drake

ok, maybe I'm totally off now, but why do all new Wingsuits that have bee thrown on the market during the last 1 or 2 years look like copies of Robis suits???
- shape
- Wingtip grippers
- air inlets
- connecting system
- etc

Holy christ...

Yes ugh! And while we're at it...It seems like all those cars made over the past few decades are just copies of the Model T...
-Wheels
-Engine
-Seats
ZOMFGOD!! Unimaginative ASS HOLES@!!!

You know what...Airplanes!!
-Wings
-Tail
-Cockpit
plagiarist scum!!

Computers...yes...COMPUTERS!!
-Screen
-Keyboard
-mouse
All just a rip off of J. H. Smiths' difference engine!!!

A HOUSE!!!
-Walls
-Doors
-A roof
REALLY ITS SUUCHH A RIPOFF!!!

....A TABLE!!!
-large flat surface
-legs
are there no more original ideas?!?!?!?!?!?!

In Reply To
What I like about the zipper design at the Blade II is, that the zipper goes down completely to the bottom end of the pillow, which prevents the pillow from being sucked into the suit, as it is possible on some other designs.

Such as? Which modern design suits have this "problem?"

I saw it on a suit when I was on the BMI course. I can't remember the model for sure, and I do not want to spread any rumours here. Therefore I will find out the model and talk to the manufacturer about it. Then I, or better the manufacturer himself maybe, will give you a statement on this.
1300 Sprünge, 100er Wingsuit Formation, viele nette Menschen kennengelernt, keine Unfälle. Schön war's!