DSE

The Scary Roll that wasn't

The Scary Roll that didn't happen.

The jump was supposed to have been a four way dock, and was organized dirt-dived as such. This was my first post-incident jump in the wingsuit with experienced skydivers, and was my "qualifying jump" for the record event.
Thanks to those that participated in my return to the sky, thanks to Michal for the video. Andreea and Scott, thanks for the fun laughs.
It feels good to be back in the nylon.

Awesome.

The terms "scary roll" and "gravitron" were both coined by Omar Nery's about 4 years ago. I was thinking of him while watching this video, and how funny it was that people still use his names. I started laughing out loud at 0:38 with the "wah wah wah" sound, because Omar always wanted to use that sound effect in one of his videos, but neither of us could find it anywhere... we spent hours looking one day!
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Awesome, Spot! :D You should have included my "landing" B|:D That was a fun jump, thanks for letting me join the fun train.

I'm really glad you were there, Michal. Had I had any clue about how the jump would go, I'd have invited others too. It wasn't at all what I'd planned as a first jump back.
BTW, you broke my VISO. :D
And you missed a really fun day with Brian and Charlie.
I didn't include your landing, because mine was better.:D

Jeepers! What a way to welcome you back to the sky [:/]

Was the rotation intentional, or did something go wrong after the dock was taken?

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Jeepers! What a way to welcome you back to the sky [:/]

Was the rotation intentional, or did something go wrong after the dock was taken?

you'd have to ask Justin that question. On the ground, he insisted it was something I was doing and that's why no one else could come into the dock.
I suspected something was up when he repeatedly emphasized that "no one dock on Spot til after I do." :D

Not surprisingly, after the full slow 360 of the tango pair the rest of the group was immediately in the same relative position to it as before. Of course - the horizontal speed of all participants was nearly zero.

This is an easy one, give me more. ;)

Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Not surprisingly, after the full slow 360 of the tango pair the rest of the group was immediately in the same relative position to it as before. Of course - the horizontal speed of all participants was nearly zero.

This is an easy one, give me more. ;)

man you're really running out of stuff to pick on.
what's the relevance of the lack of horizontal speed in a "fuck around" type jump?
who are you gonna bitch at next? headdown flyers?
:)

what's the relevance of the lack of horizontal speed in a "fuck around" type jump?

Did I say anything about relevance? I simply stated the fact that might not be obvious to some. You did it, too. ;)

Jeez, f10ckers not only have 1.5% of the normal brain, but 1.5% of normal sense of humor as well.

You know, sometimes you don't have to take seriously everything you read. :$

I knew you were on my side.

1 f10cker less. Hallelujah! :)
How 'bout we accompany each f10cker joining the f10ck with "Campos" and each f10cker leaving the f10ck with "Yuri"? Like the one in my avatar. :)
P.S. The act of leaving the f10ck will be called "YURINATING". Like, "Hi All! I Yurinate on you!!!" :D

I knew you were on my side.

I never said I was on anyone's side. I just pointed out that I wasn't taking you seriously (hence the smiley)

1 f10cker less. Hallelujah! :)

hey hey, now, I very much enjoyed the view from my slot in the 68way, thank you.

there's all kinds of fun out there, Yuri. your balls-out flying is very cool. flocking can be fun, too. fucking around in scary rolls and induced flatspins (as in Spot's video) can be equally entertaining.
Try a little diversity... a little open-mindedness... you might enjoy it. It's kinda like sex with all the toys you've got in your avatar picture, and you surely seem to be having fun in that one :P

How 'bout we accompany each f10cker joining the f10ck with "Campos" and each f10cker leaving the f10ck with "Yuri"? Like the one in my avatar. :)
P.S. The act of leaving the f10ck will be called "YURINATING". Like, "Hi All! I Yurinate on you!!!" :D

Now THAT's some seriously funny shit.
*golf clap*

Sooo... all your posts are just Yurine on the forums? Ahh, it all makes sense now.