Tony-tonysuits

Dean Potter

Dean Potter is up for Nat Geo's Adventurer of the year,

Vote for Dean http://adventure.nationalgeographic.com/2009/12/best-of-adventure/dean-potter-video

if this base jump of the Eiger isnt enough for you go google his name to see him clime, slack line and jump....
Life is a series of wonderful opportunities,
brilliantly disguised as impossible situations.

tonysuits.com

Not sure of the true numbers, but Dean is T A L L and skinny. With that big of a suit at such a light wing loading, he is uber floaty.

Yeh, I figured that, him being a climber and all. I guess it might be believable. Impressive.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

2000m vertical in 2:50 is average fallrate 26mph. That's a bit tough to swallow...

I'm pretty sure 2:50 is from the top exit, 2500m vertical.

You say the "top exit"... is it true that Dean found his own unique exit point as the video implied, or is he just following others who opened it and jumped it before?

Impressive either way, but there is a difference. ;)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

2000m vertical in 2:50 is average fallrate 26mph. That's a bit tough to swallow...

I'm pretty sure 2:50 is from the top exit, 2500m vertical.

You say the "top exit"... is it true that Dean found his own unique exit point as the video implied, or is he just following others who opened it and jumped it before?

Impressive either way, but there is a difference. ;)

I've not seen what Dean Potter has done with a wingsuit, but having seen some of the stuff he has done climbing, I'd say he doesn't need to follow anyone to find his own exit point, and there's not many people on earth that CAN follow him.

IMHO It is way harder to become a good climber than to become a good wingsuiter. Being one of the best climbers ever + having the body shape and strenght he has, I would not be surprised to see him do some stuff that is "a bit tough to swallow". Like jumping from walls inaccessible to most, or reach new levels of flying performance.

Again, just my opinion!