trixonik

Skydive City High Altitude Wingsuit Jump

I've been stalking the boards here for a while with no posts. I have been jumping for a little over a year and a half and I've spent most of my last 100 jumps wingsuiting at Skydive Palakta. I have a Tonysuit Raptor that I just bought and was flying a friend's Raptor before that.

Anyways - I just signed up for the high altitude load this Sunday at Zhills and was wondering if anyone else is planning on doing a wingsuit jump. I think they are breifing around 8am on Sunday.

Take care,

ralph

Hah - yeah, a few of us including Grey Mike did the high altitude jump yesterday. It was fun to try something new, but my arms were giving out towards the end.

Awesome...how did all of you manage?
Esp. Mike! Curious to hear about all the new personal recordsB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Well as far as jump logging, everything that could go wrong did for me. My Altitrack is in Denmark getting fixed so I was using a crappy analog loaner. I realized about 10,000 ft that I left my memory card for the GoPro in my computer, and when I got to the ground and hit "stop" on my Garmin 305 it said "Timer Started" :-O

Made the 22k ft jump with Ralph, James, and Mike.

Jumped a Tony special forces suit, zippered pockets for a bail-out bottle, assault rifle, ammo, and a big sunken living room built in between the legs for a ruck sack (or a rodeo babe to curl up in and take a cat nap). Interesting design to say the least and can't wait to do a rodeo with it.

Anyhow, performance wasn't what I'd hoped for and managed only 4 min 27 sec - nowhere near what I got with the Stealth at 5 min and 28-30sec (same altitudes exit and open).

The suit was stable and effortless to fly. Didn't need any arm strength at all. I could see where fully loaded that it would be quite the machine to get you where you needed to be.

There is another hi-alt load going up next Sunday - book it now if you want a slot. I'll hopefully be there trying another Tony proto or maybe the Stealth again. Weather should be perfect. Come join us!

"THANKS" to Mike, TK, & Tony. What a good flight & views from 21.25'. I know I exceed my personal best of 4 mins set at FnD 5 but the the camera and its' timer failed me w/ "OK" batteries at 00:01:43 so I'll never know for sure by how much! [:/] Time to invest in another skydiving toy!!! Any suggestions for the electronically challenged who want to see & track +5 minutes or more flight time. :)

Jim