LouDiamond

SDAZ Holiday Boogie 2009

The time is growing nearer people and hotel/motels/team rooms are already filling up. Start making your plans to attend this boogie by checking the Skydive Arizona web site for details on things like lodging and registration, etc so you don't get left out in the cold .

I will have demo suits from Birdman and First Flight Courses will be available at the BirdMan tent with Load Organizing by myself to include a Wingsuit Seminar. Stay tuned for more specifics on specialty jump runs and other wingsuit related information. Hope to see you there.:)
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

It varies as it's a long boogie and people come and go but there is usually a nice sized group of people the entire event to fly with. Some people show up as early as Dec 17th and are here for the whole event and others show up after the 25th when they are done doing "relative work" with their families. Either way, there is always someone to fly with.
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Scott:

I put my kids on a plane back east on Dec 26 at SkyHarbor ; then head directly down to Eloy with wife, hound dawgs and motorbikes to party, howl at the moon, and fly my ass off through January 3rd.

So "locally" here is who I expect:

Anne and I (two birds )
Ken ( who just bought my Firebird )
Frank ( who will most likely fly ...and buy my old Blade)
Sean ( who'd better not Chop....again ) :-)
Libby ( who just got her new Acro )
Rolph ( he is on the DZ full time till spring )

So by my count we are at 7 plus 2 previous posts for total of 9.

I think you should have a good turnout at your tent for FFC and demo's as a "Permament" wingsuit presence at Eloy is finally beginning to build. Glad to have you back at SDAZ for good !

Represented is a wide range from "beginner" who wants to fly in pairs and threes to practice and improve skills......to more experienced capable of more; flying a wide variety of wingsuits from all the manufacturers.

Last years midnight flock with Cate and Brian out of the DC-3 remains one of my most memorable enjoyable flights. Repeat?

Oh yeah, and we are up to how many planes now at SDAZ? 7 Otters....5 Skyvans? I lose count on Larry's private airforce.

Morning and Evening balloon jumps with Burner, High Altitude Jumps, Party and BEER! Let the RW's and Freeflys have their tunnel; give me airplanes!

Looks like good times ahead!

The team rooms are almost full and the Skyrider is filling up. If you're thinking of coming make your reservations now or plan on bringing a tent and warm clothes.

I will be arranging for specialty jump runs through out the boogie as well as product give aways from manufacturers specifically for the wingsuit crowd.

Did I mention that there is free beer EVERY night after the last load?:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Jump 999: ClusteFlailSpeed Hybrid with stable base out the door with "hangers" early so head down flyers can dock.

Jump 1,000; Wingsuit of Course

Jump 1,001; Wingsuits out of the DC-3 at midnight on New Years Eve and swooping the Beer Line. Last years jump with Cate and Brian....EPIC!

Time is growing shorter folks, hope you made your reservations as almost everything is full or quickly filling up. There will be plenty of goodies given away during the boogie. So far I have stuff from PD, Bonehead, Alti-2, Liquid Eyewear, Jump Shack, BirdMan, Vigil along with some other goodies to be given away during the boogie and or during the New Years Ballon drop. You could potentially walk away with a complete system to include the AAD, a wingsuit, a helmet, an altimeter, sunglasses and a gear bag to carry it all in if you were really lucky.

To make it even a sweeter deal this year, Lift ticket prices are $19.50 credit or $19.00 cash price.

See you guys when you get here.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Current 10 Day WEATHER FORECAST for Eloy, AZ:

Chance of rain: 0 %
Crystal Clear Turquoise Blue Skies - Come to the Sun
Daytime High's: Mid to Upper 60's
Nightime Low's: Mid to Low 30's
Cold, crisp, dense .....flyable air!

TIPS for Skydive Arizona Newcomers:

If you are thinking; "Arizona....desert...HOT....don't be fooled!"

AZ desert gets COLD at night in the winter and keeps the "chill" in the air till about noon; it warms up slow...but cools off fast. Expect temps about 30 degrees cooler at 13K Ft plus factor in your wind chill during flight.

Bikers fight the cold and wind for hours; as skydivers we only have to endure for a few minutes. Here are some motorcycle products I have found that are working extremely well for me with skydiving;

Lately I have found the Frank Thomas "Anti-Freeze" Baklava, thin, light but VERY EFFECTIVE in keeping head and neck warm by blocking out wind; it is working well with both full face and open face helmets.

The "Anti-Freeze" glove liners are working well and keeping dexterity in the hands while maintaining warmth under Square 2 Instrument Gloves or Neuman Gloves.

Warm face and cold, cold air = fogging goggles; any of the antifog solutions I have tried from local ski and outdoor stores are working well.

First Gear's "Technical Riding Gear" base layer has a windblocking material on the front of the chest area and legs, very thin and light under your clothes, wicks...does not aborb sweat; and has proven to be warm and non-restrictive under skydiving gear.

You can find these items at Cycle Gear.

If you are camping there will be plenty of firewood but don't forget your down sleeping bag and a warm coat, hat, gloves for hanging out. I assure you.....the desert gets cold at night even in winter.

If the bunkhouse and team rooms are booked and camping is not your style; the Red Roof Inn has been recently remodeled ( after a fire ) so its not the rattrap it used to be.

Finally "civilization" came to nearby Casa Grande with a huge "Big Box Store" shopping complex in case your forgot or need something.

Blue Skies!

Welcome the all Brit crew to the Flock. Jan, Doug and Tom all joined the flock today. All have succumbed to the nylon crack and have been knocking out flights since their FFC.

Several smaller flock dives went up all throughout the day today and more and more wingsuiters are coming out of the woodwork as people arrive.

A little chilly this morning but a very nice day was had by all. Hope to see you soon.:)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Had another International day of new birds. Congrats goes out to Shay, Avi (Israel), Han( Denmark), Erwin( Holland) and Andreas (Greece), all earned their wings today. Great job guys and welcome to the flock. :)

SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Birds keep rolling in. Had some nice flocks yesterday. Stuu showed up right at sunset and we busted out a hilarious 2 way. On my way to the balloon with some other birds for some balloon action.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Thank for the jumps everyone...it was fun!
Im on my way now to a warmer place :P

It's was good jumping with you, I'm glad you had a good time....even if it was a bit colder than PR;).
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING