DSE

Elsinore formation

Yes, until the feedback form is up on the website, please feel free to contact me with suggestions. If you'd like to make your suggestion in private, e-mail eli (at) raisethesky.org.

Not all ideas can be realized, but I promise I do listen to everyone. A sampling of suggestions for next year:

- Schedule flexibility: I've heard everything from shorter... to longer with a prior skills camp. Not a single person wanted to wake up earlier.
- Animated breakoff diagrams
- Everyone try to fly into the right airport (the right airport is where your ride thinks you are)
- Clarify "check-in" versus "registration" in communications
- Chain keg to stairs and/or Justin

Sweet! Thanks all!!!

-eli

What's querious is that captains were running/calling around on Sunday night (the day after Saturday) looking for others to register because the formation needed bodies.

Please clarify who this was, as it's news to me?
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com

What's querious is that captains were running/calling around on Sunday night (the day after Saturday) looking for others to register because the formation needed bodies.

Please clarify who this was, as it's news to me?

Merely passing along what three other wingsuiters that didn't participate said to me. That they were called by organizers on Sunday evening to fill in slots. *Maybe* they're bullshitting, but I'll take their word for it given the circumstances.

huh?

I thought Spot was being very thankful and respectful to the organizers.
He fully deserved a recognition of and explanation of the "written rules" that were misleading, no?
More so given he was recovering from a near death experience one would think.

Maybe in the future a "walk-up" registration could be accepted with the understanding that you won't get food or goodies that were pre-ordered based on registration numbers?
;)

huh?

I thought Spot was being very thankful and respectful to the organizers.
He fully deserved a recognition of and explanation of the "written rules" that were misleading, no?
More so given he was recovering from a near death experience one would think.

Maybe in the future a "walk-up" registration could be accepted with the understanding that you won't get food or goodies that were pre-ordered based on registration numbers?
;)

I second that idea...
HISPA 72 ----- "Muff Brother" 3733

My suggestion

Close the registration a week or perhaps two weeks prior to the event. This would allow organizers to finalize the desired formation before the event starts. It will also give then accurate numbers.

It would also provide the team captains with time to look through the jumpers in there group, allowing them to try and figure out who their known’s and unknowns are.

Quick question: Spot you were at Elsinore at least 4 days before the event why then leave your registration to the last second?

Quick question: Spot you were at Elsinore at least 4 days before the event why then leave your registration to the last second?

I wasn't able to be qualified to the event due to being in a hospital for most of the summer, and was told by a team captain that I had to be re-qualfied due to my injuries. Keep in mind, i'd only been in the air for 2 weeks before the event, and only in a wingsuit for one week before the event. However, I'd also done 30 WX jumps in that one week.
Not bad for a guy who was told he'd "maybe get out of a wheelchair by Christmas." The bigway was the carrot dangling at the end of the stick for me during my recovery period.
Only one team captain was on-premises prior to Friday night and he was coaching someone for the event. I was "qualified" on the sunset load on Friday night (after registration had allegedly closed) and I tried to register at 7 a.m. on Saturday morning.
I had no interest in donating a chunk of money to a charity if I wasn't going to be qualified. In honesty, I *did* expect some level of exception, because several of the team captains knew I was working very hard to be a part of the formation, A couple had sent me encouraging emails, not to mention that the blogs all mentioned that making it to the bigway was my goal. And even though I was prevented from achieving that goal, the bigway gave me the impetus needed to get out of bed and work as hard as I did to make it to the event.

I had a great time hanging in the evenings with friends, and Scotty Burns was very cool about bucking the "no fun jump" rule and doing a coupla jumps with me during the event. It was a good time (heck, we even got some fun pix out of it). This issue aside, the event was a good time thanks to friends like Greg, Marko, Tero, Andreea, Michal, Scotty, and a few others.

In honesty, I *did* expect some level of exception, because several of the team captains knew I was working very hard to be a part of the formation,

hehehe
of course you'd expect some level of exception.
a lot of us were under the impression that we weren't being all that anal about some of the rules :P
[cough cough... 300 jumps... cough, cough]

This issue aside, the event was a good time thanks to friends like Greg, Marko, Tero, Andreea, Michal, Scotty, and a few others.

good times, man! would've liked to see you around the dropzone more.
ohhh... and the inspirational blogging of the 71way, filled with little details, real people, and real emotions... missed that this year!
(No offense to the official blog of this year's event, that was very cool, too... big props. Just a lot more official...)