DSE

Elsinore formation

There was no 71 way world record last year.

When did THIS happen?! :D

Will we hear "There is no conspiracy. There was no 68 way world record last year." in 2010? :$:$:$
Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

Ah,... not so grasshopper,... but I think you were still one of the 73 (plus the photgraphers) that flew the largest US flock ever on our 'world record' for the largest living get-well card in the world sent to Rick Hough on the sunset jump at Elsinore last year... ( and it worked!) That was the formation when Jeff did his unannounced barrel roll just about 10 seconds prior to breakoff altitude ---( see MattHoover.com and Sky2productions .com photos)
Life is what happens while we are making other plans.

But really, man, I'd hate to organize something like this. Work your ass off trying to get 100 wingsuiters in one place, raise money for charity, build a really sweet looking big ass diamond, get some great press on our little discipline of skydiving and... get nothing but shit over it from some of your peers.

It's not like they did it for free though? Hard work maybe, but didn't some people get paid?
Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

But really, man, I'd hate to organize something like this. Work your ass off trying to get 100 wingsuiters in one place, raise money for charity, build a really sweet looking big ass diamond, get some great press on our little discipline of skydiving and... get nothing but shit over it from some of your peers.

It's not like they did it for free though? Hard work maybe, but didn't some people get paid?

actually....no

actually....no

What? I heard it was very lucrative. I heard Phil and Jeff were moving to Hawaii to retire with all their money. Right???? :S:D
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

It's good te hear that I'm still one of the 71 wingsuiters who flew the largest flock ever...B|

I **believe** a larger flock was flown on Monday and Tuesday last week; they didn't fit the judging criteria though. The 68-way was after some attrition. Phil probably has more accurate information than I do.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have been following this thread and have not really said anything as I did not have much to add. But as a Plane Captain at this event I can say for sure that I did not get paid..

Scott C.
"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

I have been following this thread and have not really said anything as I did not have much to add. But as a Plane Captain at this event I can say for sure that I did not get paid..

Scott C.

It was great jumping with you, Scott (and Justin too). The post-record vertical and dynamic formations on Friday were really cool!

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

... The post-record vertical and dynamic formations on Friday were really cool!

Agree... had I not just been on a record jump, that would have been the coolest jump I had ever been on. Amazing too that Scott threw that together in about 1/2 hr. 33 people, 2 aircraft, verticals, and it worked. I would love to have the video of that one.
... Marion

Apparently scotty(?) and matt(?) are Aliens:D

on another note...

I don't think anyone informed is expecting all (or many) of the organizers to have been paid. They just whored themselves to for sluts.. i mean slots ;). Many would have done the same.

organizers-
What was the actual rounded amount contributed to charity? Did any of the organizers contribute too to this amount? I don't understand how what the media reports as $5100 when the website says:

The cost to attend Wingsuit Bigway 2009 is $750, of which $100 is tax-deductible in the United States. This includes 22 jumps.

I know you can deduct other overhead, but the 5.1k amount seems a little unexpected to many.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?

Get it right Zach~ i'm a chubby midget alien cameraman sent here to infiltrate the third reich wingsuit community to soften the blow to the planet when my evil flying-squirrel like alien friends come down to show us all really how its done... they made me fat so that I dont give up the secret of our presence among the earthlings.... dont let out our secret sky squared agenda!
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

It's easy for that amount to have been donated :)
$750 x 70 registrants = $52,500 total in the pot

22 jumps per person at say $18 (only a guess, as I assume there would be a bulk discount) = $396 per person

So, 750 - 396 = 354

$354 x 70 = $24,780

By the time you take out overheads / expenses / dinners etc there's still enough to donate $5K to charideee B|

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies