DSE

Elsinore formation

Elsinore formation is up.
lots of wonderful wingsuiters here.
Nice to finally meet John Kallend, and a few other new faces.
The unofficial blog has been regularly updated, though it won't be quite as robust as last year with the official blog happening at the same time.
Wish you were here!

awesome looking and probably better and easier to fly with the middle rows allowing for better cross referencing ( without those spread out trailing side wings from last year...

I am a bit worried about the one guyup front flying backwards... but if that is Scotty Burns taking pictures,..I have absolutely no concerns.... Somehow he'll just 'do it' ....( although he won't know or be able to tell anyone "how"... ( and he can't burble anyone flying like that )

Good Flying (not "luck" to everyone there..you can do it ....but mostly ,..stay relaxed and have FUN!!!!!!!!!!
Life is what happens while we are making other plans.

Awesome. I wish Elsinore records would happen more often so no one on load would tell me "you're outside, jumping on ready-set-go". Yeah, right you fuck. I'm jumping out last and making multiple 360's at 250lbs out the door in small wingsuit and still not being able to get down to you fucking "formation".

I wish all f10ckers would set records in one place every weekend. ;)

Yuri
The humble fat father of human flying. :)

Android+Wear/iOS/Windows apps:
L/D Vario, Smart Altimeter, Rockdrop Pro, Wingsuit FAP
iOS only: L/D Magic
Windows only: WS Studio

I'd imagine due to the economy and other factors, the pool from which to draw wingsuiters shrank significantly. Therefore, the formation is smaller than the anticipated 100 way. They took everyone who registered, there are no alternates this year like there were last year.

Why do jumpers stay so far apart in these formations? would they be burbling each other otherwise?

I think the logic is to give the formation more breathing room. It is possible to fly tighter, but there is less margin for error. The organizers set the spacing.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

really beautiful shots Matt,.... Looks like great weather out there so far. Thanks for centering the lead grid triangle on the flock leader,.. It really does make the photo look much more visually pleasing, symmetrical, and truely reflects the intentions and accomplisment of each flyer and the overall team... This year's group seems to be getting it close to perfect much quicker than last year,,,. I guess that's what they call evolution... Repetitive practice and experience leads to confidence and competence !

I believe this 74 way is "gonna be" ...and 'you' have the very best view of all the jumpers in "real time"!
Life is what happens while we are making other plans.

I'm just glad to be here instead of being in the ICU.:P

How are you holding up with the daily jumping on these formation loads? When I was there a few days ago you were jumping & packing... just wondering if you're able to do all that repeatedly while keeping up with the bigway event

I'm just glad to be here instead of being in the ICU.:P

How are you holding up with the daily jumping on these formation loads? When I was there a few days ago you were jumping & packing... just wondering if you're able to do all that repeatedly while keeping up with the bigway event

Also what happened to your sig line for the blog link? I didn't bookmark it.

Where is my fizzy-lifting drink?