mccordia

Another one joins the Nylon cruisade!

Massive congratulations to Elias for making his first wingsuit flight today!

I know how he hates the spotlight, so Im here to give him a nod!

I met Eli quite some time ago, and as he wil gladly tell everyone, straight of AFF, his sole wish was to fly a wingsuit. He has been lurking here quite a lot to read and learn, and made one or two posts where he felt he had something to add/say (sangi..read and learn;)).
And talking to him, you could notice he lived and breathed wingsuit. Enthousiastic doesnt encapsulate this kidB|

Dispite wanting to start way sooner than generaly recommended, and having some examples on doing so closeby, Eli followed the advice given to him, pushed on, and made a sh*tload of jumps to get some experience under his belt. And today, the waiting payd off, and Eli got to cruise the chilly skies over Hoevenen, Antwerp! His flight was textbook, doing a nice patern, dummy pulls and pull-sequence at the right altitude and in a good and relaxed style of flying. And performance-wise, also showing much promise after only one jump already:o

Many long, safe and beautifull flights Eli! And welcome to the flock!

Here are a few pix from today:
gear up - exit - clouds - smile
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Thankfully some people know to stick to color combinations that look good on photos! :D

What are you trying to say?? You don't like camo combined with bright red and neon green accents?? Cmon, man!!! :P
Or better yet... all purple with a bright yellow PF birdie logo on the butt? You mean you don't think that looks good in photos? :P

Eli - welcome to the flock! Ordered a suit yet?

What are you trying to say?? You don't like camo combined with bright red and neon green accents?? Cmon, man!!! :P

I've only once seen camo on a wingsuit, and it scared me so bad, I'll never get on the plane with that suit again. Swear to god.

Eli, welcome to the flock! Nice pix, except for the funny colors you're wearing. They do match the Hallowee'n season though :-) Congrats on waiting til you had the jumps, based on Jarno's words, the wait paid off!

Eli - welcome to the flock! Ordered a suit yet?

I already have a Skyflyer 1 :) Bought it secondhand for 200 bucks, but I really really want a Phantom 2! :)
So I think I'm Just gonna do some training jumps on the Skyflyer, get my money out of it, and then start jumping a Phantom2 :)
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane"

Hey Eli! Nice to see you flying! I like your new avatar!

And if someone asks me why to wait until having 200 jumps, I can show your pictures - exeptional good position! I look forward to meet you in the flock!
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.

I already have a Skyflyer 1 :) Bought it secondhand for 200 bucks, but I really really want a Phantom 2!

Good choice... I have almost 700 wingsuit jumps and I've jumped probably more than a dozen models... and the first few jumps I've put on my new Phantom 2 are some of the best jumps I've ever had. For the size of the suit, it can go incredibly slow (I clocked 35mph at one point on my first jump on it), and it flies on its back incredibly well and also transitions to backfly smoother than any suit I've ever flown. Love at first flight.
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

Im uploading videos for all first flights from past weekend at work tomorrow. The neighbours WiFi at home isnt that fast at the moment....:$

Eli isnt the only one who jumped into the nylon this weekend. Kevin also got a taste of something new and cool! Also welcome to the Flock!
Both of you impressed me with your good body positions, awareness and all round enthousiasm! And love the surprise on both of your faces uppon hearing the hello screaming in freefall.B|

Here's some pix from Kevins' first flight:

cruising - turning - look for the DZ - smile at the birdy - lovin' it!

Coming soon to a sky near you!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Dude! Where did you land there? The gras looks like a golf green...

Thats one of the 4 landing areas of Seppe. And as you can indeed clearly see, its a field where expensive grass for stadiums and filthy ritch peoples backyards is grown...preferably no swooping...

And videowise, should be online tomorrow...just limited in terms of connectivety to upload here :)
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?