The111

Wingsuit photography book now available

Im going to have to wait untill after Xmas, but Ill be ordering one with you for sure. Its always a pleasure to watch your videos, and I always look forward to seeing the boogie pictures on your website after an event.
When I read your post, my first thought was 'finaly!'

Nothing but good words! Great camerawork, great flying. The only bad thing I could say about you is that your not as loud and arrogant, as your work would fully justify you to be;).

There are already quite a few nice books on the history of the sport, but a nice coffee-table (wingsuit nerds' playboy!) book with just beautifull pictures...this is a first...congrats!

p.s. Is there a chapter devoted to purple mike?B|

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I'm just going to keep Matt's videos I burned onto DVD running on the desktop PC; the ones that have provided so much pleasure and inspiration over the years.B|

Matt; you rock. You are quiet, humble, and simply let the your work speak for itself. You put the points on the board, you win; with no sideline or end zone antics....so to speak.;)

The preview looks great; unfortunately several appearances of Purple Mike in the previews is bad enough and to me a future predictor of more to come....why bring repeated images of Purple Mike into my home and on my coffee table.[:/]

Dont' get me wrong; You have created a beautiful photographic masterpiece. It warrants a showing in a gallery! :)
I really don't want to be critical, I want to be positive; but the repeated appearance of Purple Mike is like an insolent and ill-disciplined child running loose in a gallery who flicks a booger onto your priceless work.B|

I really don't want to be critical, I want to be positive; but the repeated appearance of Purple Mike is like an insolent and ill-disciplined child running loose in a gallery who flicks a booger onto your priceless work.B|

Without meaning to derail this thread, it needs to be said that if you haven't been around Mike lately, then you don't know Mike. He's grown up a lot this past year. Aside from growing up, no one can say he's not one of the best flyers for the front of the flock. There are others that are worse photo hogs, but not many as dedicated to "being there" whereever "there" may be. Although the color purple should remain a movie and not a wingsuit, Mike earned most of the space he gets, because he's there.
Gawd, I can't believe I'm defending PM!B|

Me...can't wait to get Matt's book on my coffee table. Most of the best flyers in the world are in there somewhere.

+1 to that.

And on a more topical note, the book looks great. Can't wait to have it as the coffee table book for my new place.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Without meaning to derail this thread, it needs to be said that if you haven't been around Mike lately, then you don't know Mike. He's grown up a lot this past year.

Huh, did he stop drinking Red Bull or something?

No, he still drinks RB. It's that he also started drinking something that got him in touch with his real inner self.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

+2 on PM. Mike's definitely earned his spot up front.

+3 on Purple.
And this should count quite a bit, coming from a girl :)
PM is an awesome guy and great to fly with. Damn smart, too!
So what if he pisses off manifest, is too high on red bull and gets in every picture? Who cares? Nobody's perfect. At least he flies his ass off and never bitches on the forums.

An awesome shot remains an awesome shot.
Purple or no Purple.
And Matt's book looks like an excellent collection of awesome shots.
[staring again at the mailbox... "is it there yet??" "is it there yet??"]

An awesome shot remains an awesome shot.
Purple or no Purple.

Ding ding. Finally somebody gets is. When I am lining up a shot in my ringsight, the absolute last thing on my mind is energy drinks and womanizing. I don't know your name, I don't know what you do on the ground... none of that has anything to do with the photo.

The ironic thing is the people that whine the most about Mike never seem to realize that they are giving him exactly what he wants. Think about it, the world's first wingsuit photo book just came out, and the majority of the discussion is about him. That's exactly what he wants. It's funny on so many levels. :D

Thanks so much to everybody for the positive feedback and generally overwhelming response. I guess I don't have a choice but to start picking and choosing shots for Volume 2 in 2012. B|
www.WingsuitPhotos.com