scottygofast

Wingsuits on Discovery Science Channel, 19 OCT

Hey everyone~

We shot a piece for the Discovery Science Channel's new show, Popular Science's Future Of~ while up at summerfest, and it will be Airing on monday, Oct 19th, at 9pm eastern, so check your local listings. It might not be 60 minutes, but its going to be very cool none the less. Check it out and let us know what you thought!!
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Yes Phil, you do.. Also, anyone that can capture TV and put it out on the cyber-net-inter-web thing that would rock... The Promos for the finale lead off on most commercial breaks with wingsuit footage, and its a great promo for what should be a great show! anyone can get the promo too that would rock!

Thanks All~

Scotty

Hey all... My Tivo Lied to me! the show isnt on tonite, but will be on next monday the 26th. Sorry for the bad info!

um...no, your tivo lied twice!!... In an email sent to me from the producer:

"Hello All,

It's air time for the next episode of "Popular Science's Future of...Adventure". The show will air on The Science Channel at 9pm ET/PT on 10/19/09.

Thank you for all your hard work in making this show possible.

Enjoy!

---
Production Manager
The Incubator"

I saw the episode....it was great!!! Will post more later...

I just spotted this thread, and checked the Science Channel's website - the show will be rebroadcast this coming week:
Monday, Oct 26 9:00 PM and Midnight
Tuesday, Oct 27 4:00 PM
Wednesday, Oct 28, 4:00 AM

Looks like they switch to the next episode after that, so best catch it while you can!!!

I just spotted this thread, and checked the Science Channel's website - the show will be rebroadcast this coming week:
Monday, Oct 26 9:00 PM and Midnight
Tuesday, Oct 27 4:00 PM
Wednesday, Oct 28, 4:00 AM

Looks like they switch to the next episode after that, so best catch it while you can!!!

As one who doesn't have cable, is it available online anywhere like the 60 Minutes show was?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

As one who doesn't have cable, is it available online anywhere like the 60 Minutes show was?

that should read: anyone who *has* cable, make it available online please? :)

Not necessarily. The 60 Minutes segment was available on the CBS web site.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I have my tivo set to record the replay tommorow night. shoot me an e-mail with a snail mail addy. if you would like a dvd of it......blues keith
i have on occasion been accused of pulling low . My response. Naw I wasn't low I'm just such a big guy I look closer than I really am .

any way you could yousend it to me after you record it? Im still not technologically advanced enough to make that happen~

They've been playing promos all week for it, and I believe theres to seprate ones. any chance anyone could get those too?

Thanks!!

Yes, after what was actually a great segment, you choose the one wrong bit of info to bitch about?

For once they don't claim we are "death defying" or "the most dangerous thing in skydiving" and you decide to complain?

We are given a great platform to speak eloquently about the sport, and you choose this one bit of info to decide you need to "purge quickly"?

We had host who actually came quite prepared and informed on skydiving, and asked intelligent well thought out questions, and you claim "no no no not good"?

FYI...He actually messaged us frantically for a correction, because he knew it was a mistake, sadly it was too late to correct for the air date.

Wingsuiting have been hyped all week on a NATIONAL cable channel, and you think something has "gone awry"?

Seriously...are any of you ever happy? Must there ALWAYS be an argument? I will tell you whats gone awry...I know what needs purged quickly...its this fucking forum and all the idiots in it. When was the last positive thing posted? Hell...people even placed a negative comment over Matt Hoovers book! Someone does their first flight...and all you can do is take out agendas over suit choices...

Get over yourselves...

Oh and to leave on a positive note, I just got a completely random email (found me through raise the sky)...This person saw the show and wants to start skydiving so he can go wingsuiting. I was fairly impressed he actually took the time to find an email address and ask for more info. Guess the show wasn't so bad after all huh??

edit to fix links...nothing else