kallend

Elsinore: who's going?

Looking forward to it. Funny that there was a lot of bickering after the 71 way last year on HERE but it was amazing the number of people in the skydiving world that don't wingsuit that were awed by that formation. Lots of things are in place for this event to be even better and there is still time for those on the fence to still sign up! More information can be seen here http://www.wingsuitbigway.com/

To try and do a bit of outreach there is also a charity portion to the event which is noted at the info page.

Should be a really fun time and with what wingsuiting has learned from last year to now, has the potential to be a huge success! :)
Scott C.

"He who Hesitates Shall Inherit the Earth!"

Me too! I am planning on getting there on the 3rd via Eloy if anybody needs a ride from there.

I'm renting a car from San Diego on 6th (evening) and I too can give a ride.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

1. Lurch
100. (?)

I'm going to put in an appeal here to all the top guns of wingsuiting. Guys like Chuck Blue, Scott Bland, Scott Campos.
I know you guys are normally the ones running the event so playing footsoldier might not suit you. But we need every top rank pilot we can get. If the organizers haven't asked you, I am, for those of us who just want to go and make it happen. The wingsuit community, small as it is, has already broken up into something like competing camps... the Florida crowd, us Northeast guys, the west coast guys... If we could get every top rank pilot possible, all in the same place at the same time, imagine what we could do.
And those of you I've flown with who might not be running your own schools or bigway events but can catch anything in the sky without even thinking about it, we need you! Gray Mike...you coming? Medusa, you crazy mf'er, come fly with us. Scary Perry... we could use ya, bro, can you make it?
Zack, Ripcord, Creepy Brian, Brian Drake, Chris and Scott Gray, Juan...you guys coming back?
Those of you who I've looked in the eye on the step or in flight and seen that same intensity looking back at me... you coming or what?
All of you out there who are more than qualified but hadn't really considered attending for whatever reason, come fly! It'll be EPIC. Theres a bunch of you out there I know of by reputation alone. And a bunch I'd been hoping to see last year, but didn't. Last year we flew our hearts out, it was a bit ragged in spots but everyone got in and we "made it" by the somewhat fluid definition at the time. Now, its going to be stricter, and we need it tighter, more perfect, and in larger numbers all at the same time.
I know its probably a bit idealistic, even naive to expect or even hope for every head honcho from everywhere to come and be "just another unit" in the formation, but it is what we need to make the formation.
Now, I have no involvement with recruiting for this. They never asked me to... I'm not much for administrative functions, all I do is fly. My little rallying post here may even be interfering with the official recruitment efforts and if so, you guys have my apologies. If you see this as a problem let me know quickly enough and I'll take it down or ask a mod to do it. I'm acting on a hunch here that getting 100+ world class pilots together in under a year might not be all that easy and a broad appeal to those who fly for the sheer joy of it might help a bit. So come on, birdpeople, there are more than enough of us to make it happen, so long as we show up. This ain't about egos, or suit brand wars or whose clique doesn't want to fly with whoever else. This is about achieving excellence. I'd like to see the best...ALL of them... for one purpose...all at the same time.
Whos coming?
-B
I'll be there the 6th.
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

I thought it was an invite only invent? Haven't all the invites gone out already?

I believe this thread made it pretty clear that anyone who would like to participate (and has the required skills) is more than encouraged to contact any of the organizers.

By the way, Lurch is awesome and I approve his message :)
Come fly, you guys!!! :P:P

The wingsuit community, small as it is, has already broken up into something like competing camps...

Shit. Did the Florida camp get Purple Mike? Can we trade him out to another camp? He keeps hitting on all the cute girls down here.

How many people registered for Elisnore?

An evil miniature clone of JSho!?

an evil clone?
so you're implying that jsho is inherently good... no evil in there whatsoever... all innocent and pure...

That was exactly what I thought when I that. :D Just say "clone"... evil is redundant. ;)
www.WingsuitPhotos.com

hell, if we get that perfect 100-way done, grid-worthy and whatnot, I'll do that rodeo naked.
so... come fly, you people!!

And Bingo, Bango Bongo, youve got video!
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography