mccordia

new video - Springtime Flights 2009

Im finishing up on several video projects on Zflock, Balloonjumps etc.
This compilation of my 2009 spring flights is the first one that done!

Enjoy! Hope you guys like it!

FlyLikeBrick.com - Streaming (SD)
FlyLikeBrick.com - Streaming (HD)

And for the people who prefer the tubes:
YouTube - Streaming (SD/HD)

More videos coming soon!
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

Excellent video Jarno.

The canopy flybys were great, especially the last one.

The guy exiting out the tailgate a little after 6:05 was bad ass.

Good editing and music choice.

Very fun to watch.

What was the mal for your chop at the end? Or did you just need a reserve deploy shot?...
Brian Drake

That bad-ass guy is our own mr Macca (aka Zeemax)B|

As to the reserve....I packed it like shit. Opened with about 7 linetwists and spinning on my back. Chopped it straight away (pull at 2500, under reserve at 2000ft (as you can hear by my audible:)).

We did do some intentional cutaway stuff for UPT with the skyhook recently. Very impressive stuff (and for that reason, its on the rig Im flying as of next monthB|)

Glad you like it!

JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

you're an idiot, sangi
that is all

I think he's refering to the burble video on US TV that was all over the net recently dude;)

As to burbling (I think its the 'Canon advert' at 5:30 he's refering to), its this new thing called forward speed. I predict its going hit bigtime next year:PB|
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

As to the reserve....I packed it like shit. Opened with about 7 linetwists and spinning on my back. Chopped it straight away (pull at 2500, under reserve at 2000ft (as you can hear by my audible:)).

Have you checked that out in slow mo yet?

First off, I'm glad you saved your life. Second, this is an excellent example of the hazards of deploying your reserve while on your back. Picture 2 shows the reserve PC relative to your body and it's orientation(classic looking horseshoe). Picture 3 shows how close your reserve bridle came to your right hand. Picture 4 shows how close the bridle came to your head during the deployment of the reserve. Some scary shit right there, glad it didn't get ugly.

Nicely edited video, it looks even better in HD.
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

I have seen that in slowmo yes, and estemate the bridle passing at least half a meter behind my hand. Though perspective is a funny thing, and indeed its not a pretty sight. But getting flung away from under the spinning main, Id rather deploy at this stand up/45 degree angle, than trying to get face-down, with all potential instability issues that may come from that one, in the huge wingsuit Im wearing.

But thanks for taking the effort of grabbing stills...And glad you liked the video.
Any chance at some moving pixels from you on all past events? A lot of good stuff thats talked about online on AN72, eloy bigways etc never seems to actually make it online..

Get moving man;)
Start editing and post some stuff...
JC
FlyLikeBrick
I'm an Athlete?

I gave all my germany footage to turbo for the DVD(s) and everyones Eloy footage went to Doug who put together a nice piece and posted it. Lately, I've been flying without a camera and just having fun. Besides, editing would take up too much of what little free time I have at the moment. So keep up the good work.:)

"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING