PhoenixRising

Rodeo Transfer :-)

I remember purple mike trying this with Omar at WFFC a few years back. Good to see it's still being worked on :)
I have been working on this jump for several years. I think you are referring to some initial attempts I made with Omar, Paul M, and Rosalyn in 2005 at the WFFC in Rantoul. Paul was flying an S3 and I was flying a new V1. I think Omar was flying an Acro.
Anyway, we made several attempts, but never successfully transferred Rosalyn.

I consider this a success, but I hope that it is just the beginning of more creative wingsuit rodeos. Thank you to everyone that has attempted this jump with me, especially the camera flyers B|

Purple Mike

P.S. I am flying a Phoenix V3 and Justin is flying a Tony R Bird on this jump.

I have a plan. What you do is have a person flying on their back. Then the rodeo positions themselves underneath the backflyer and eases up to them. The rider rolls over and lays facing the backflyer. The rider then grabs the yolk of the backflyer. Taa Daa! After the bottom person quickly flies away the backflyer flips on to belly with rider attached. Seriously people how hard could it be!

What could possibly go wrong?

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

get the rider up onto the rig, then there is a chance of being far enough forward not to be flying completely in the burble

That is what we did on this jump, but I think that Crystal may have been able to get even further forward. Regardless, she did a great job hanging onto Justin B|

-Purple Mike