PhoenixRising

Rodeo Transfer :-)

Unfortunately no records as everyone was too close and out of their 10 ft boxes:P

Get ready bitches fall is close and I don't have to work as much --- so I will have more time to call bullshit on all these little games -- hell I might even be able to jump some

I know you have all missed me:D

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

Anybody chime in if you know the answer....I watched the video and aside from a semi controlled collision which leaves 2 people flailing around the sky, where exactly does this transfer occur in the video timeline? Is there more to this video or is that it?
"It's just skydiving..additional drama is not required"
Some people dream about flying, I live my dream
SKYMONKEY PUBLISHING

Holy crap, are you guys serious??! Toooo funny!!!!

Very first reply to this thread was already a "wah wah wah it didn't happen" bs

What the fuck? This is not world record bullshit. This is some fun rodeo footage and should not be taken all that seriously.

Call it a loose definition of the word transfer, but it's still a fuckin transfer:

1. Crystal is riding Purple
2. Crystal grabs a hold of JSho's chest strap
3. Crystal lets go of Purple and keeps holding onto JSho (be it in a rather chaotic way)

In conclusion Crystal gets *transfered* from Purple to Jsho
What's so complicated?

The whole grabbing of chest strap and holding on for quite a bit of time makes it an 'ok' transfer.

Can this jump be perfected so that the flyer on top doesn't get burbled and actually lifts off with the passenger, or some other interesting scenario? Sure it can. Go have fun and do it, bitches!! We're not trying to judge record spacing with overly anal grids here. This is supposed to be FUN stuff.

This is not meant to be the "you can't ever beat this" shit of the millennium. It's a fun skydive that was worth sharing.
It's supposed to make you chuckle...
You're supposed to go like "hahaha JSho you're so gay you were too attracted to Purple Mike's butt weren't ya? that's why you fell on them" or something... instead of whining that it's a false claim

For chrissakes, JSho even clearly pointed out that there was "a decent amount of luck involved"
What more of a disclaimer do you want?
And what's the big deal?

Relax, you people :P and let's do some more rodeos!! Who wants me to ride them? ehh?? anyone??? :P:P:P

Oh, and mr_prick... well done on the immediate attempt at yet another brand war theme, like we haven't had enough of that already. Why the need for the Tonysuit sarcasm? It's like saying Purple Mike is gay cause he's in a V3. No connection whatsoever :)

You still jump?

only made a few in the last few months -- quit doing AFF about a year ago and I am about to let my rating go

But it has not been over 100 degrees in a week and my work load is rapidly disappearing --- so now I am ready to jump ........... just in time for hurricane season:S

The pimp hand is powdered up ... say something stupid

And breathe...

I think people were making a comment on the line "A few weekends of trying transfers, with success."

I remember purple mike trying this with Omar at WFFC a few years back. Good to see it's still being worked on :)
J Sho, have you thought about having the two W/Sers flying docked side by side, then having the rodeo-er being a kick ass FFer transitioning across from back to back?

Phoenix Fly - High performance wingsuits for skydiving and BASE
Performance Designs - Simply brilliant canopies

Andreea, I'm surprised you didn't expect this. Earlier this season when Reed and I did our midair rodeo assembly, didn't take long before a few started trash-talking it. Some people just have no sense of fun and adventure.
I was flying chase video on this one and almost fell out of the sky laughing when Jsho bit the burble. I call it a success... Crystal WAS hanging onto Sho, after all. The fact that it was upside down and chaotic just made it awesomely funny as well.
Tellya what folks, next time we're all back home we're going to get even MORE radical with it. Anybody wanna bet on whether we can pull off a midair assembled triple-wingsuit docked surfing transfer? I'll land on Reed again and see if I can step off his back and onto Jsho. Or dock on Reed and see if Sho can land on us both.
-B
Live and learn... or die, and teach by example.

Andreea, I'm surprised you didn't expect this.

I didn't say I was that surprised... just annoyed.
but no worries... all is gooood :P:P

Earlier this season when Reed and I did our midair rodeo assembly, didn't take long before a few started trash-talking it.

yea but at least in your case they were bitching over who did what first, not saying to your face that it didn't even happen :)

Tellya what folks, next time we're all back home we're going to get even MORE radical with it.

count me in! I should be back in your neck of the woods in a couple weeks anyway

I have a plan. What you do is have a person flying on their back. Then the rodeo positions themselves underneath the backflyer and eases up to them. The rider rolls over and lays facing the backflyer. The rider then grabs the yolk of the backflyer. Taa Daa! After the bottom person quickly flies away the backflyer flips on to belly with rider attached. Seriously people how hard could it be!
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

sounds really fuckin hard but definitely not impossible.
just need a damn good backflyer and lots of trial and error.

definitely more doable than that wingsuit landing thing :)

the hard part comes from the two not really seeing each other because they're facing opposite ways... unless the rodeo is already a backfly one so the bottom pair can see where they're going up...

might work with some air to air communication systems involved and a third flyer giving directions

just have the rider steer by giving the flyer directions either by taps on the shoulder or moving the flyers head.

Another option would be to have the rider ride on the front of the first flyer and just have their legs wrapped around the flyer. Then the first flyer positions on top of the second one and then the rider drops from the first to the second. Once on the second flyers back they roll over to the usual rodeo position.

How hard could it be? B|

Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

and it really wasn't meant as a brandwar thing.
sorry, next time i'll be more careful with naming brands.

ok, thanks for clarifying. all is good then :P:P:P
I'll stop yelling at ya :)

still it looks more like a mid air collision.

and part of it is... but the contact (hand grabbing chest strap) happens before Jsho gets dragged (or burbled) and scoops Crystal off of Purple Mike's back...

I did not mean for my comments to disparage the transfer, just J'Sho.;) I love you both! you can ride me anytime! I'll be more picky about letting J'sho go for a ride though.
serious suggestions; get the rider up onto the rig, then there is a chance of being far enough forward not to be flying completely in the burble, and have the first pony wear a small suit.
I know the result Justin wants, this was a step towards getting there.