kumhang

Cobalt-105 with S3

I got a couple jumps with my Cobalt 135. My WL was 1.6+, it opened with some closed end cells.

I've got it relined recently with Vectran 750. I opens harder than before. I got 2 jumps since than. I pulled that it was a small pull 1..2..3..4..5..WHAMMMM.
I choose to open from full flight, I think I make less turbulence than slowing the suit down.

I have opened from full flight. My Triathlon with Dacron lines opens lot softer.

Oh, I jump a Stealth these days.

Please give me any comment.

Good luck. Do you have access to cheap or free repacks?

Seeing how you profile says you normally jump an FX 79 (at a whopping 500 jumps - but not in the mood to be canopy Nazi today), I suspect you have a more or less reasonable wingload on a 105. Would be interested in knowing your exit weight though. And would like to see some video of landings (the average ones, not the perfect ones).

Personally, I prefer my Triathlon for wingsuiting. But if an FX-89 worked for you, no reason why a Cobalt-105 would not work. Did you downsize the FX and is the -79 not working?
Johan.
I am. I think.

I've got hundreds of cobalt/wingsuit jumps @1.4 with no problems. 1 cut away on a ws/cobalt @1.6. The last 200 wingsuit jumps have been on a tri @1.4 but I will admit the cobalt is way more fun.

Obviously wing loading is very important and how much of a "big suit" you have.

Another question:
Cobalt 150 @ WL 1.25 - would that be acceptable and recommended by experienced wingsuit jumpers?
I made 6 jumps so far on that canopy and Phantom 2 and experienced one line twist but only soft and super soft openings.
Comparing to my Sabre 2 150 the openings were softer and statistically not worst in terms of line twists or better.
I might have some issue with body position so that can be the main reason for line twists on Sabre which happen quite frequently (1/4 jumps).
I also made couple of jumps on Cobalt 120 @ 1.6 and WS but one opening was quite hard and 180 deg so I decided not to jump with it.

Any ideas?

Regards
Janusz
Back to Poland... back home.

I got 30 jump on my Cobalt with wing suit. In 10 jumps in 2 days I just got use to it. As someone else said you can jump wing suit with whatever canopy if you are comfortable with its openings.

Andrew Ryan: We all make choices in life, but in the end our choices make us.

I've made about 100 wingsuit jumps with a Cobalt (or Impulse) 105 at 1.6 with only a couple of linetwists in the end. Probably because of bad line trim. No cutaways.

It's probably a really bad idea to start jumping wingsuit with such canopy though.
It's not over untill the bearded lady swings!