packing_jarrett

returning wingsuit flyer

If you're small, T-Bird. If you're medium, Raptor/R-Bird. If you're large, SM1/S-Bird. If you want to go fast as f**k, X-Bird. Any more questions?

Yes actually. Have the "bird" versions made the originals obsolete? I.e., Is there any point to the Raptor with the existence of the R-Bird? The SM1 with the release of the S-Bird? XS and X-Bird?
Brian Drake

I say to you today, my friends, so even though we face the difficulties of this forum, I still have a dream. It is a dream deeply rooted in the dream of human flight.

I have a dream that one day this community will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "We hold these truths to be self-evident: that all wingsuits are more or less equal and we're just here to have fun."

I have a dream that one day on the forums of dropzone.com, the fans of Robert and the fans of Tony will be able to fly down together in the formation of brotherhood.

I have a dream that my child will one day learn to wingsuit in a community where she will not be judged by the make of her suit but by the quality of her flight skills.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, even in this forum, with its vicious partisans; one day right here in this forum, men and women flying Tonysuits will be able to take docks with men and women flying PheonixFlys as sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the dropzone with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our community into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to learn together, to flock together, to drink together, to go to jail together, to stand up for freedom together, knowing that we will be free one day.

With sincere apologies to MLK's ghost. Sorry if it's obscure to folks from outside the US...
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

In my experience, the brand wars only exist online and are just a silly diversion for most of us stuck behind a computer during the workday (those who aren't, what's your excuse?). They're harmless and entertaining so please don't mess with them.

In the air your dream is already reality. Tonysuits, Phoenix-Fly, even Bird-man. All of us are united...in making fun of the frenchies (fly your bodd-eeee).
Brian Drake

In the air your dream is already reality. Tonysuits, Phoenix-Fly, even Bird-man. All of us are united...in making fun of the frenchies (fly your bodd-eeee).

*golf clap*
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

Although the banter between Robi and Tony at FnD was entertaining.

As skydivers we know what we want and when we are going to spend the kind of money required to purchase a wingsuit whatever we feel most comfortable in and what connects the most with our style, personality, and penis/vag size, whatever the case may be, is the one we are going to buy. Being as I am from a upper midwest dropzone where wingsuit flyers are few and far between, I just want people to fly with so ultimately I don't care what suit it is. As long as we are flying together that is good enough for me.
Sky Canyon Wingsuiters

Being as I am from a upper midwest dropzone where wingsuit flyers are few and far between, I just want people to fly with so ultimately I don't care what suit it is. As long as we are flying together that is good enough for me.

Well said.

If you're small, T-Bird. If you're medium, Raptor/R-Bird. If you're large, SM1/S-Bird. If you want to go fast as f**k, X-Bird. Any more questions?

Yes actually. Have the "bird" versions made the originals obsolete? I.e., Is there any point to the Raptor with the existence of the R-Bird? The SM1 with the release of the S-Bird? XS and X-Bird?

You missed the point :P I provided balance to Butter's comment.

Hmm, as for the answer, having flown the Raptor, R/T/S-Bird, I don't think Raptor/SM1/XS became obsolete when the Bird versions came out. They're just a little different animals with different arm wings.
I believe the Birds have more performance because of the change in arm design, but I can still do great in a Raptor (it just requires a little more effort)

Anyone else would like to add to this??

Well, I don't mean obsolete as in those who currently own a Raptor/SM1/XS should throw it out. I'm referring to ordering a new suit.

If the R-Bird has more performance and is easier to fly, why would someone buy a Raptor? I don't see a price difference on the order form.
Brian Drake

you can smell my farts any given day on a jii-wing, even in a matter, you might be able to give me a rimjob when i fly a pressurized suit.. :P

but i'd fly around the world and overtake you again on an eg-suit. and i'd be a year younger too! B|

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda