mrbiceps

my 200th jump tomorrow

congrats to you! Congrats for waiting as well. There are some great wingsuiters in Oz, look up Ed or Fergie, they rock, they're safe, and they'll make sure you know the things you need to know for your own safety and that of others.

Absolutely the right approach !!! ;)

Totally agree with Spot and Matt.

Hope you have a great first flight !!! Keep us posted.

WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Weird, as far as I've read here, many skygods here scream and shout that 200 jumps are not enough and that someone is most likely going to kill himself/herself (not to mention you don't know what kind of preparation he did)...

Anyway, have a good flight mrbiceps :)
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Weird, as far as I've read here, many skygods here scream and shout that 200 jumps are not enough and that someone is most likely going to kill himself/herself (not to mention you don't know what kind of preparation he did)...

Anyway, have a good flight mrbiceps :)

To be clear ... and not to open up any debate that has been beaten to death multiple times .... being very current, keeping to the USPA recommendations (opinions on weather 200, 500, or some other number of jumps is the "right" number aside), and seeking out a solid & saftey oriented instructor (let's not open the instructor debate again :P) ---- is IMHO a solid approach.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. :)
WSI-5 / PFI-51 / EGI-112 / S-Fly
The Brothers Gray Wing Suit Academy
Contact us for first flight and basic flocking courses at your DZ or boogie.
www.thebrothersgray.com

Finally did my first flight on the weekend. Have i wasted half my life walking on the ground like a chump instead of soaring like an eagle or what. Absolutely loved it. Was a bit nervous in the plane, but managed to have a great jump. Was a bit wobbly at first and not really sure if i was doing something wrong but figured that i would just ride it out and hope that when i pick up some more speed that i would get more stable. You can see in the video that my legs were a bit too narrow and i wasnt breaking any records but i was pumped that i was fairly stable and keeping a heading okay. The spot was way long and we just made it back okay but the 2nd guy that jumped after me landed safely off.
Ended up doing 3 more jumps that day and concentrated on getting my legs wider and felt more forward speed. Many thanks to Greg and Elaine Cox who are Australias wingsuit legends and fantastic teachers. What a great weekend.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8VZJ5MZotY